This comprehensive new edition of How to Design Cars Like a Pro goes behind the studio doors to provide an in-depth look at modern automotive design. Interviews with leading automobile designers, analyses of past and present trends, studies of individual models and concepts, and much more combine to reveal the fascinating mix of art and science that goes into creating today’s cars. Packed with full-color photography and illustrations, this book is a must-have for professional designers, design students, and automotive enthusiasts.
· Foreword by Jaguar design director Ian Callum
· Exclusive interviews with designers from manufacturers including Aston Martin, Renault, BMW, Kia, PSA Peugeot-Citroën, and Land Rover
· A wealth of information on automotive design past and present, including chapters on concept cars, history’s greatest designers, the design process, and much more
· Fifty of the greatest automobile designs covering more than a century of automotive history
· Explorations of the future of the automobile in a rapidly changing world
· Design technique tutorials by top industry professionals
· Artwork by top students from design schools around the world
· An authoritative glossary of design terms created by David Browne, course director for automotive design at Coventry University in the United Kingdom
· Directory listings of design colleges and courses, global car brands, and design directors around the world
How to Design Cars Like a Pro gives you all the tools you need to understand car design, get started on sketching, and produce professional results.