4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely hilarious and near perfection
I read about this book in a magazine and thought it would be a nice, relaxing read. It turned out to be that, and terrifically funny to boot.

The book is a collection of essays that include the musings of a twentysomething on life in New York City, travel in and out of the U.S., family pets, and other subjects. The author is quite simply an incredible writer...
Published on June 17, 2010 by EJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Tries Too Hard
Sloane is back with more essays telling about her life and adventures. What happens when this city girl goes to Alaska? Why can she never return to France? Why did math class result in a doctor's appointment? The answers to these questions and more can be found in this collection of essays.

Sloane, oh Sloane. I have such a complex relationship with your...
Published on July 1, 2011 by Tiffany A. Harkleroad

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Such fun, August 22, 2010
Tina "Tina" (Montreal, Quebec) - See all my reviews
I don't usually read and review essays as I don't particularly like the genre - mainly because I like to get truly involved in my stories and just as I find myself getting completely engrossed - the story ends and the author moves on to something else entirely.

However, i made an exception for this book and was so happy that I did. Author Crosley is hilarious and fun! fun! fun! and so is her writing.

This book of essays that deal with glimpses and events of everyday in this author's life are marvellous. From the sublime to the more ridiculous (clowns!?) each essay contains a nugget that can be taken away for future reference - all the while providing an engaging and totally fun read. What else could you ask for?

The author has certainly experienced some interesting things and was smart enough to write the down so that we could all enjoy them. As I was reading this book, I almost felt as though I was "there" living them through her eyes.

Wonderful!

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, February 12, 2012
This review is from: How Did You Get This Number (Paperback)
This book is hilarious and reminds me a lot of David Sedaris' writing married with Chelsea Handler. Well worth the read!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, May 22, 2014
It was quirky little read, but I enjoyed the ride. Good read if your entering college and about to travel.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Truth Shall Set You Free, March 24, 2014
OMG! I give Sloan 5 stars. She was awakened by someone she least expected who told her this "Truth" that no one ever could.
Breathless for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sloane Crosley Is Perfection, February 7, 2014
This review is from: How Did You Get This Number (Paperback)
Crosley really outdoes herself in this book! I've been a huge fan of her for so long and this book had me laughing out loud! Her experiences are raw and entertaining! I hope everyone that is a fan of bloggers picks up this great book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Emotional swings from the sublime to the ridiculous!, November 26, 2013
This book is totally for women. While laughing out loud at a completely hilarious scene,my husband asked what was so funny? I made the mistake of reading this section to him, after I got control over myself. HUGE MISTAKE. He just looked at me and said, "Yes funny." Men really are from mars. I should have known better. I loved it. He, obviously, would hate it if he ever read it....or if he ever read anything that has anything to do with real human life. I think it will be a book club winner when we meet this Sunday to discuss it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, Real, September 2, 2013
Kept this on my Kindle as an in-between-book breather, reading an essay or two at a time. Great read, hilarious, spot-on voice. Loved the non-pc opinions and topics. A really fun romp through contemporary life and growing up and older in America.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick fun read, July 31, 2013
Not the best book I've read but a nice Sedaris-style compilation of short stories. An easy read to enjoy at the beach or on vacation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some funny stuff, June 14, 2013
Although most of the book is lighthearted and humorous Ms. Crosley also shares poignant and painful expereinces of her life. Having experienced dyslexia in myself and with my child I appreciated her explanations of how it is to live with, and the wonderful ways humans adapt to deal with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Ok., May 19, 2013
I thought her first book was hysterical, this one, not so much. Entertaining, sure but not laugh out loud funny like 'I was told there would be cake' was. I do enjoy her writing style and I do love reading books in essay form. I would read her next book because all in all this not bad, her first out put was just so good.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

How Did You Get This Number
How Did You Get This Number by Sloane Crosley (Paperback - May 3, 2011)
$15.00 $10.51