5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to the standard set by the bigger books
Published on January 29, 2008 by S. Styles

3.0 out of 5 stars Cover is upside down! Content of material cute
The content of book is very cute; good for a young child interested in dinosaurs,
and for mothers interested in teaching their kids how to keep their rooms neat!

However, book was assembled with cover upside down!
Quality control - a bit lacking!

Haven't returned it yet- I may use it to teach my gradkids about
assembling, or just to...
Published on June 28, 2012 by CEN

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to the standard set by the bigger books, January 29, 2008
S. Styles (Traverse City, MI United States) - See all my reviews
The full-size "How Do Dinosaurs..." books (Eat Their Food, Go To Bed, Get Well Soon, Go To School) are wonderful and fun, and this book follows in that mold. The story doesn't seem much shorter than in the bigger books, and has the same great rhyming cadence even though the words are more than the usual one-syllable words. It is fun for parents to read as well as children!

The illustrations seem to be about as detailed as the bigger books, as well. They are just scaled down versions. Of course I miss all the dinosaurs pictured in the endpapers of the bigger books, but the board books are more portable for the car, etc. and not as easily damaged.

We also got the board book "How Do Dinosaurs Play With Their Friends" and like it as well. However, "How Do Dinosaurs Count To Ten" and "How Do Dinosaurs Learn Their Colors" are our least favorite books in the series.

My son is 18 months old and we started him with these books at about a year old. They are his favorites! He loves to pick out the small details he recognizes (toy trucks & balls, the dog or cat, etc.). And he definitely cares from one day to the next which one we pick out to read - they don't all seem the same to him. He likes some of the dinosaurs better than others, some of the stories better, etc. Great series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps the Dinosaur Lover Become a Cleaning Lover, March 10, 2005
kabuka "Kabuka" (Honolulu, HI United States) - See all my reviews
I think all little boys eventually go through a dinosaur stage. Mine are three and are just beginning to like them. They could use some encouragement to help them put away their toys and clean up after themselves though. I think this book has both things. It shows a variety of dinosaurs being good role models and straightening up thier rooms, putting toys away, and putting dirty clothes in the hamper, etc.. It's appropriate for children ages 3-5. The illustrations are nice and realistic, except the "kids" are dinosaurs living in people houses. It's cute and it's a board book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dinosaurs get the job done every time!, August 16, 2005
Toes "toniknows" (kansas city, mo United States) - See all my reviews
For dinosaur lovers, book lovers, or those who struggle with cleaning, this book works. Kids who love How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight will love this one as well-a great substitute when bedtime is looming and time is short. Cute pictures, cute story in a sturdy board book format for the rough and tumble set.

5.0 out of 5 stars KIds love it, June 9, 2006
I bought this on a whim because my children love dinosaurs right now (just like all kids I guess). It's become a bedtime favorite of theirs.

Great pictures and easy to read words for my oldest who is learning to sound out words. I'd highly recommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars This Mom loves everything the dinosaurs do!, February 18, 2010
I am so happy with all the dinosaur books, my kids think they are funny and I give huge praise to anything that will get my kids to do tasks they might otherwise hate doing. A little side note the book "How do dinosaurs eat their food" actually got my daughter to eat BROCOLLI!! Come on how great is that?!?!

5.0 out of 5 stars My little dinosaur now cleans her room, November 11, 2009
This book was a total break through. Our 2 year old now wants to clean her room. And while she does it, she ROARS!!! like a dinosaur. It is the bestest most cutest little thing in the whole wide world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for helping kids learn how to tidy up!, December 4, 2009
I love all the books in this series and this one is no exception. Great illustration and teaches a valuable life lesson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute "How to Clean Up" Book for Dinosaur Lovers, July 4, 2010
How does a dinosaur clean up his room? "Does he stick all his teddy bears under his bed, or shove them all into his closet instead?" Maybe my kids do, but not these tidy little dinosaurs! Told in charming rhyme, How Do Dinosaurs Clean Their Rooms first shows kids what not to do, and then shows them what they should do to clean up properly.

As with the rest of the "How Do Dinosaurs..." series, the illustrations are terrific. The names of the dinosaurs are included on every page, for those budding scientists who wish to know what they are called. The antics of these lovable reptiles will keep children giggling and wanting to read it again, and again, and again...

My children ages five and eight really like this book. I like it too because it's a fun way to teach kids how to clean up. It's a great addition to any child's library. I highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cover is upside down! Content of material cute, June 28, 2012
and for mothers interested in teaching their kids how to keep their rooms neat!

However, book was assembled with cover upside down!
Quality control - a bit lacking!

Haven't returned it yet- I may use it to teach my gradkids about
assembling, or just to just watch them figure it out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book For Dinosaur Lovers., March 16, 2006
My son loves these books. He laughs and giggles the whole way through. The fact that she puts all the names of the dinosaurs hidden in the pictures for the parents to see is great. It gives me an answer for the inevitable "what kind is that one, mom?"

How Do Dinosaurs Clean Their Rooms?
How Do Dinosaurs Clean Their Rooms? by Jane Yolen (Board book - February 4, 2008)
Used & New from: $0.01