From the Back Cover
Trace your family roots back many generations with help from this easy-to-use guide. Learn to set up a family tree, locate and evaluate vital records, select the appropriate hardware and software for the search, make the most of the Internet, and much more. Inside, you�ll find invaluable research strategies, advice on getting past �brick walls,� and information on the latest print and online genealogical resources. Explore your family history--you never know what you might discover..
- Select the appropriate family tree format.
- Create source citations for your data.
- Locate vital records and create ancestor profiles.
- Trace census, immigration, church, cemetery, and other records in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K..
- Conduct effective searches in libraries and archives and their online catalogs.
- Take advantage of all the resources available on the Internet.
- Plan a very successful research trip.
- Select hardware and software, including a genealogical database program.
- Share your findings with other family members--near and far.
About the author: George G. Morgan is the internationally recognized author of the award-winning weekly online column, �Along Those Lines��, for Ancestry.com, and the author of several genealogy books and countless articles about genealogy in publications around the world. He is president of the International Society of Family History Writers and Editors (ISFHWE), and operates Aha! Seminars, Inc., which conducts seminars for librarians and genealogical researchers..