Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: How to Draw 101 Monsters: Easy Step-by-step Drawing (How to draw)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

VINE VOICEon February 27, 2009
I've been looking for a way to get my kids interested in drawing, I ordered the books (101 Monsters, 101 Funny People & 101 Animals) and pretended like I bought them for myself, my 6 year old son saw me drawing and asked what I was doing "oh, just learning to draw monsters" he called up his older brother and they asked me if they could try, "sure" they took the book and spent hours drawing that day.

I gave them one book each week to keep their interested, I started asking them to make their own stories using the books, they usually use all three to make a story.

This was really a great buy!
on June 16, 2009
I have almost every book in this series. I am an art teacher and these books are wonderful and simple enough for ages 5-12
VINE VOICEon April 14, 2009
My husband and I bought this book for my 5-year-old daughter. While he is rather talented as an artist, my drawing ability is probably less than that of my little girl.

The directions in the book are very simple and clear. Each monster is broken down into simple shapes that build one upon another. My daughter talked me into drawing a few monsters and I found that it was quite fun to be able to produce something that was more or less like the finished picture in the book. I've also been very surprised and pleased by what she is able to produce. She likes coloring and drawing but is sometimes discouraged because she can't figure out how to translate something onto paper. She's really taken to this book and her pictures have been quite good.

We all enjoy this book so much that I plan on purchasing other titles in the series.
on December 17, 2008
My [...] has enjoyed this book. The reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that it doesn't stay open very easily, which I think a drawing book should do. Also, none of the drawings in the book are colored, like the front of the book. It would have been nice if 1 or 2 on each page showed a monster colored in.

It does have a nice mix of monsters, some hard, some easy. It definitely interested him to draw monsters, so the concept is a winner. Just wish they'd make those slight improvements.
on June 1, 2007
We love this one.I bought this for a cub scout meeting with 7 year olds and it kept their attention for over an hour :)
on February 23, 2010
My daughter asked me if I could buy some books to assist her with drawing. I bought a couple, how to draw animals, Wizards, and dragon's, how to draw flowers, and this book. According to my daughter who is 11 How to Draw 101 Monsters is a great deal of fun. She likes it because she can feel creative but not have to be perfect. I have taken the time to go through the book with her and we draw the monster's together. I do not have any artist ability but if I were to show my drawing to some one else the picture would most definitely be identifiable. Nice confidence booster for the young one's and adults. I would recommend to others.
on October 30, 2011
The next time someone asks you to tell them "how you really feel" you will be able to show them. Dan provides easy step by step directions on how to draw a variety of silly monsters, but more importantly he gives inspiration and confidence. I have many of his books, and recommend each. Great for children of all ages - and when we draw for fun, we are all children, aren't we? Sometimes there is a special rate of four for the price of three, but well worth the money at full price.
on December 4, 2015
This book is a simple how to draw book, perfect for young drawers as well as their parents. I pack their lunches each day with a monster on their napkin. They love to see what they get and share them with their friends. My children love to draw these monsters, as well. What a great buy!!
on May 5, 2015
Okay book. Lots of good ideas for my 8 year old to draw. Each monster is shown how to be drawn, but there aren't enough steps for younger aspiring artists. They start out really basic and then go from 50% to 100%. Each monster is shown in 4 steps and most of them need about 6-8 steps.
on May 18, 2015
My 8 year old son absolutely loves these books. Great starter book for kids that live to draw. He has been drawing like a mad man since he got these books. We also got the 101 Animals and 101 Funny People. Great price and will be purchasing more to add to his collection.