Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 27, 2011
I use these kinds of books in the classroom. The children gain great confidence with the success they achieve in their first drawings. Additionally this book adds to my collection of cartoons for quick inspiration. Having a library of organized images to peruse allows for a quick rendering of a rain forest, a family reunion, children interacting with adults, plants and animals, and a myriad of other combinations. Having this as a resource allows me to illustrate my own children's stories and gives me greater confidence for publication. I bought many at one time and was given a four for the price of three discount each time. (I don't know if that is always available.) If you ever believed anyone who said you cannot draw, get this book and prove to yourself that you can.
on January 6, 2010
It's a great book for beginners. It uses simple shapes(circles, squares, rectangles) to produce simple, completed step-by-step drawings. I've drawn some of them myself(60 yrs. old) and I think younger, artistically inclined children could do them too.
on January 3, 2007
This was a gift for my grandson who is currently drawing everything in sight

I purchased the book to encourage him to try new ways of seeing people, and to get him to draw things other than Thomas the Tank engine. It worked
on January 18, 2009
My children, ages 9 and 10 have enjoyed using this book since they received it for Christmas. It's a great early tutorial on drawing.
on December 15, 2015
received the book for a gift and inspected,found several pages in the book were black or half black,as if ran off on a really bad copying machine at the office,otherwise nice book,just cant see some stuff
on December 20, 2008
Fun book on doodling characters. My kids love it and the step by step process makes your doodles look really good. Great book for a kid who wants to say goodbye to stick figures!
[...]
on January 15, 2011
My 8 yr old loves this book. She loves to draw, and the step-by-step illustrations help her produce top quality drawings. She achieves success w/out any frustration. My 4 yr old has even had fun following along. Great book!
on April 29, 2016
I am so happy with the purchase and so is my eight year old son. I remembered having "How to Draw" books when I was a kid and I really enjoyed them so I thought I would buy some for my son. First we check the library (needle in a haystack and long wait list) and we went to Books A Million to try and pick some up right away. Ugh. What I didn't like about that experience was that first of all, the majority of the books were very girl focused (princesses, fairies, ponies, dolls) and though I support my son wanting to use any of those books- he simply didn't. Secondly, the books we did find we either very simple not realistic type picture instructions or on the other end of the scale that it was pre-teen/adult stuff. Lastly, the price was pretty steep per book. We left with one book and very disappointed. So I decide to come online and see what I could find since he did have the one book to tie him over. I did a lot of searching and the Barbara Soloff collection seemed right on the money for what I was after. The books came the other day (one a rainy day no less :-) !!) and my son spent over an hour drawing until his little hand was cramped. They are high quality and afordable with the perfect level with room to grow. So very happy. The selection of books is so wide it was hard to only buy 3! My son has already started combining pictures from each book. My fridge has never looked more beautiful and inspiring :-) .
on January 7, 2016
I got this for my daughter because she is always drawing. I figured it wouldn't hurt to get her started on something with instructions. She has caught on to drawing the different people in this book quite well and is doing great with it! I will be getting other books in this "series" for her.
on January 21, 2014
I really am not impressed with this book. But I can draw and sketch on my own and have been drawing since I was a child. So, this book was not for me. If you are a beginner, it can probably help you learn to draw simple sketches.