4.0 out of 5 stars one of the better drawing books
I am artistic and love drawing with my kids. I really like all of Barbara Soloff Levy's books. She uses only a few, uncomplicated steps. My girls (7 & 5 years) can sit down with these books and follow the steps themselves.
Published on March 26, 2009 by H. Lightner

3.0 out of 5 stars Pet sketching
Easy to read and follow pet drawing guide. My younger grandkids were able to follow the directions easily. Good buy and well used.
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars one of the better drawing books, March 26, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift!, January 18, 2009
This review is from: How to Draw Pets (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
This book was a gift to a nine year old who was tired of coloring and wanted to learn to draw. This book provided the perfect tool to get her started. She an I were both thrilled.

5.0 out of 5 stars pets, January 13, 2009
This review is from: How to Draw Pets (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
Great step by step sketches! Nice colors and easy to follow. Kids would love this, grown ups too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Gift, January 2, 2012
This review is from: How to Draw Pets (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
I got this for my 7 year old nephew who loves to draw and is always trying to get things just right. He immediately grabbed a pencil and started drawing the different items in the book. They are easy to follow and not frustrating. Great gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars purchased to encourage our granddaughter's love for drawing & her affinity for animals, August 9, 2011
This review is from: How to Draw Pets (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
This is a win-win situation for us. Our granddaughter really cherishes animals, but cannot have a pet at this time. She is enjoying drawing animals & learning how to look @ the physical makeup of what she is drawing while putting her conception on paper. It is a painless way of instruction, just what a parent type wants for a child, a learning tool that the child eagerly values. Good choice for us!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice!, November 27, 2012
This review is from: How to Draw Pets (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
Perfect for my 5 year old daughter. My 13 year old son liked the way it processed the information on the how-to steps. I would recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, April 1, 2014
This review is from: How to Draw Pets (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
My kids (ages 5-9) love to draw and were excited to get this book! I would recommend it - it's a bit too hard for my 5 yr old but my 7 and 9 yr old really enjoy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beginner at 6 years old, December 19, 2013
This review is from: How to Draw Pets (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
This book may be a bit more difficult as some shapes are composed of free-hand drawn curving lines. Each project has 3-4 steps. Adding different parts of the animal builds the total picture. Dashed lines indicate lines to be erased. This book differs from the other beginning "How to Draw..." by this author because it instructs how to build texture. Texture in the form of fur and feathers. A practice page is adjacent to the instruction page. However, the practice page has the next project on the other side. Depending on skill level, tracing paper may be a definite to help with practice because of the free-hand drawing. I would suggest a drawing pad, as well. I would have given it 5 stars if it had a practice page which could be removed.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, November 20, 2013
This review is from: How to Draw Pets (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
I have bought several books like this and my 6 yr old niece loves them since she is very interested in drawing. It has helped me get back into it as well. Great price and good quality, will be ordering more!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pet sketching, February 16, 2013
This review is from: How to Draw Pets (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)

How to Draw Pets (Dover How to Draw)
How to Draw Pets (Dover How to Draw) by Barbara Soloff-Levy (Paperback - February 9, 2006)
$4.99 $4.49