Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 18, 2013
Easy to understand, it has pictures and its very entertaining. I am glad I bought this version of the book even though I already have the other one, this is something that can engage my kids and help teach them the principles they should be learning in school.

Thanks Peter and keep it coming!

JD
on December 30, 2013
I have recommended this book to people with whom I've debated economics with in the past, and they have all thoroughly enjoyed it and now more fully understand the arguments that I've been making. The strength of the book really lies in the beginning and how it starts from the simplest situation and layers the concepts on one by one. As a story by itself it is entertaining, quite humorous at times, and there is a poignancy to it all that borders on poetic (or ironic, depending on your mood). As a learning tool, however, it is invaluable. The pace is set well, and the illustrations help to lighten what is normally very dense and potentially complicated material. For those who haven't delved too deeply into economics, this book should be a delight and an eye opener. For those already acquainted with Austrian economics and worry that it simply preaches to the choir: read it you will not be sorry; it reads like an inside joke and will amuse you the whole way through.
on December 19, 2013
I was anxiously awaiting my copy of the collector's edition of How an Economy Grows and Why it Crashes ... and it didn't disappoint. The book is AWESOME!

Economics is not a difficult subject, when it is explained in plain, simple terms. In fact, economics can be logical and even beautiful - provided that it is not being twisted and manipulated by Keynesians.

The Schiff brothers, Peter & Andy, received an invaluable educational foundation from their father, the principled and prescient Irwin Schiff. Thank you Irwin for all that you have done for the cause of liberty and freedom, including teaching your boys to carry on, and even improve upon, the important truths that you discovered long ago in the Austrian school of economics.

One final comment, I cannot recommend more highly Peter Schiff's radio podcast. I'm a busy litigator, but it's the one thing I try to listen to daily because it's freaking fantastic!
on December 27, 2013
Peter Schiff what can I say you done did outdid yoself again ! This book is beautifully crafted and fun for the whole family. Love the glossy heavy gauge paper stock and the light baby blue of the book color underneath the dust jacket. This has got to me my favorite book, love the twisted and clueless looks on the cartoon characters faces as they are drawn and this version in FULL COLOR! They look just like the people i used to watch on tv financial news networks, we all know who they are. Great work Peter! Thanks so much. I feel this book saved my life in a way by guiding me through the maze of b.s. artists on the tv and in government, p.s. I also own the original black and white version of this book. Everyone get this, you won't regret it. It will outdo your college finance degree at a cost of $25 vs your degree $60,000 worth of multiple choice tests and cliff notes.
on August 9, 2014
Many people seem to dismiss economics as a dull, boring subject - until we have a major shock like 1929, 2008, etc. With this book, Peter and Andrew Schiff have done a fabulous job of making economics FUN to read about!

The story, given to the Schifff brothers by their father, Irwin Schiff, is about a small island where people are struggling to survive. Almost every page has a color illustration to go along with the story line. You'll learn about many concepts from economics, like inflation, risk-taking, savings, credit, unemployment, and much, much more. If you're of a certain age, you'll be able to recognize the slightly-changed fish-names of famous Americans who have been added to give the book a little extra pizazz.

Strong buy :-)
on May 24, 2014
I have read only one chapter and am ready to subscribe to The Economist. I truly loved Chapter 1 and will send copies to my children's children. Economics...so boring? Nope, not this one. I will even send a copy to Sarah who is married to a PhD teaching Economics at LSU, realizing that husbands often speak of things of which we know not.
on February 25, 2014
This work seems to be aimed at kids but unfortunately we have all been acting kind of childish lately! Just as the Great Recession is teaching the wiser amongst us to put their house in order, so too must we have a day of reckoning for our country. I don't want the toddlers of today paying off the debts of their grandparents. If you feel the same way, buy this book and share it with your friends and especially with younger family members.
on November 13, 2015
Economics isn't exactly an approachable topic for most people. Which is why this book is such a valuable tool. It does a great job of breaking topics down into individual chapters, starting with the basics of the basics, and slowly works its way up, building upon the foundation each step of the way. It discusses a mythical society (and uses funny pictures!), but the correlations with America give you plenty of "aha" moments. Even for those who have several economics books under their belt already, you're likely to gain some new insights.
on December 4, 2013
A simple fun illustration of why we are in dire straits with our economy today. We can't print our way out of recession. We are heading for the abyss and the Fed is printing us down the tubes. Schiff speaks the truth. Read and learn.
on August 4, 2014
Great book. Simple, clear, deep, meaningful and thought provoking. With its comic book format, who thought learning could be so much fun. Of course, if you like it, be sure to check out Peter's other books.