Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Life is a Super Fruit - How to Use Nutrient Dense Organic Superfruit For Your Libido and Energy, Stronger Bones, Lower Cholesterol and More (Superfoods Series Book 1)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 23, 2012
If you've been curious about "superfoods," what they are, and why they are called that, this book gives useful information. It has a directory of fruits that are superfoods. For each fruit, it gives the nutritional value, health benefits, and how to include these foods in your diet. In my own experience, I have eaten fruit at any time of day, during a meal or as a snack, without any problems. However, the author gives the optimal combinations of fruit and meals if you wish to schedule your eating.
on September 26, 2012
This is a very well organized and informative book explaining what exactly are superfoods and why we need them. This book gives us an easy to understand detailed explanation about the nutritional value, health benefits, and the best ways to include these fruits in our diet. My favorite part is the health benefits. We already know that fruit is good for us, but with this book we learn why. With this knowledge I will certainly eat more fruit and live an even healthier lifestyle. I'm looking forward to the next books in the series. PATS
on September 28, 2012
Honestly, I was expecting more information about Goji Berries, Maca and other superfoods but to discover this wondrous book which spells out in detail all the incredible things regular fruit does for our bodies is a complete blessing. It is so easily known that we need lots of fruits and vegetables in our diets. Lately Weight Watchers has even stopped counting fruits as points and said eat as much to your heart's content. This is a great book that reawakens our sleeping knowledge about such an important part of the universal diet. Everyone can learn something about fruits they eat regularly and those they might have overlooked which can become new and stunning favorites to add to their diet.
on October 8, 2012
The author is certainly on target with this incredible book. I've been a fruitaholic my whole life. With this book I've found so many reasons to keep eating all kinds of fruit. Such a diversity we've been blessed with and with this book, it's not only easy to read, but to read about the nutritional benefits of each fruit, too. There are even some recipes are included.

A big surprise for me is that you can cook with the rind of a watermelon, one of my favorite fruits. How fun is that? I will surely be doing that next summer. Yum!

The book itself is organized alphabetically so it's easy to find your favorite fruit. You'll be open to trying different ones after reading the benefits of each fruit.

I will be giving this book as a gift to my friends.
on September 24, 2012
Your body knows when you eat something that is good for it. I knew, but I didn't know why. This book if absolutely fantastic. It lists the major superfoods, gives suggestions for how to get the most out of them, e.g. whether to eat with other foods or if the peel is full of nutrition and details the actual health benefits. My husband and I love to eat fruit in the morning. I had no idea that eating fruit with other food generally isn't a great idea and can cause bloating (thanks for this!). The section on diet has made me rethink what I have done in the past to try to lose weight because I could definitely do that and actually enjoy losing weight.

I highly recommend this book! If you are interested in your health, it is a must read.
on February 6, 2014
Since the title is Life is a Super Fruit, I was hoping for more detailed information about fruit rather than having to wade through a lot of information that had nothing to do with fruits. It's also rather rudimentary. Most of the information, as said in the book, "Note: Nutritional Data is taken from the USDA SR24 Report for 100 Grams (3.53 ounces) of each fruit."

Hence, I could've found the information on my own. It's nice to have it in one place but I expected more information about the actual fruits rather than their nutritional profiles and suggesting that I eat apples with cheese. Like another reviewer, I was also hoping for newer to the market fruits such as goji berries and acai and a host of others.

A good book, nice writing style but the book needs a lot more meat.
on November 5, 2012
An enlightening read about fruits and how they are superfoods to increase energy, decrease pain, strengthen bones, lower cholesterol and more amazing benefits. This is an in depth study of how to eat fruit, when to eat fruit, the benefits of fruit, and the difference between organic and natural fruits.

One example of good advice given, is the effect of eating fruit with incompatible foods: they ferment, creating gas, bloating and stomach upsets, something i never gave much thought to before.

Victoria has listed fruits in alphabetical order making it an easy reference book. She gives advice on how to tell if a fruit is ripe and suggests recipes and juices, too.

This book is a must for those who want to take care of their health and would like to know which fruits to eat to help with specific health problems (or prevention). Alongside each fruit is a list of the nutritional value of each one as well. This book will help with your other efforts to achieve optimum health.
on October 10, 2012
The author has really done her research. This is an excellent guide for everyone who loves fruit and for everyone else, as well. It covers most of the fresh fruits available. They are listed alphabetically, which makes it easy to navigate. The specific information about each fruit is extremely useful. I especially liked the fact that it lists the health benefits of each fruit and provides ideas on how to include each one in your diet, plus additional information such as safety tips on how to prepare the fruit, when to eat them and digestive effects when combined with other foods.

It is a great little fruit encyclopedia and well worth the read!

All of the nutritional value at the beginning of each description was a bit of a bump for me. I had to jump over it to get to the information that I really wanted. I suppose it is good information, but it would have been better if it were at the end of the description rather than at the beginning, making it accessible for those who are interested and not cumbersome for those who are not interested.

Recommended.
on September 25, 2012
This book offers the ABC's of superfruits and how they can nourish you and protect your health. Excellent research and clear straight forward writing.

Fruits are covered alphabetically but there are a few letters in the alphabet that didn't include a name of a fruit such as X and Y. The author took the opportunity to give some excellent food for thought -- ways just to enjoy your life more through positive thinking! I consider myself to be well read when it comes to health and I even learned a few things from this book- one in particular about fulvic acid.
on November 7, 2012
I really appreciate the information on how to compensate for the fact that today's foods are lower in nutrients and they used to be just 20 or 30 years ago.

If you have questions about taking supplements and how they compare to getting your nutrition from food, this is also addressed. The connection between minerals and our our body actually making vitamins was something I didn't even know!

There's also the question of when you should eat fruit since it doesn't actually digest the stomach, but in the small intestine. I've been following this practice for a while, but this book addresses food combining and explains it well.