5.0 out of 5 stars A Really Humorous Book, Just Don't Take it Too Seriously
Published on January 20, 2008 by Roger D. Launius

3.0 out of 5 stars I expected more
Not bad for a fun read but nothing spectacular about this book. I'd recommend looking elsewhere if you want something with more facts and less common knowledge and not so funny jokes.
Published 4 months ago by SueBhoney

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really Humorous Book, Just Don't Take it Too Seriously, January 20, 2008
Roger D. Launius (Washington, D.C., United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: How to Win a Fight with a Conservative (Paperback)
A friend gave me this book for Christmas this year because she knew how much I enjoyed ranting about politics. While it is not truly a self-help book, and I doubt anyone will win a fight with a conservative by following its directions, it is an enjoyable little diversion that made me laugh. Daniel Kurtzman is a good satirist and his jabs are hilarious. For instance, he divides the conservative movement into several cleverly named segments:
(1) Rapturfarians--Christian fundamentalists.
(2) Enron-omists--über capitalists.
(3) Big Brethren--militant authoritarians.
(4) Gunfederates--people with confederate flags and gun racks in their pickup trucks.
(5) Spongebob-ophobes--militant anti-gay activists.
(6) Crusadomasochists--imperialistic neoconservatives.
Clever names to be sure, but the descriptions are just as humorous. The rest of the book is just as much fun. I should mention that Daniel Kurtzman is an equal opportunity satirist; he also published in 2007 another guide, "How to Win a Fight with a Liberal," that takes aim at those on the left. It is just as humorous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Fabulosity., June 21, 2007
Esoterica (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Win a Fight with a Conservative (Paperback)
I came across this book (and its partner) by accident and bought them as a gift for someone who spends most evenings yelling at Fox News. Since his yelling doesn't seem to make any difference to the TV, I thought maybe if he had some practical advice for handling a political debate things might improve...

These books (Of course I bought both. How can you not?) are so clever and funny that I ended up reading them both myself before turning them over to the gift recipient. They are chock-full of "funny-because-it's-true" moments, great quotes, and my personal favorite, a schedule for a typical day in the life of liberals and conservatives. Hysterical.

Oh yeah, and the gift recipient loved them, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening and entertaining!, June 20, 2011
This review is from: How to Win a Fight with a Conservative (Paperback)
Who doesn't want to learn how to win an argument? This book gives a lighthearted but effective means on how to do so. It helps to identify which method is most productive with particular kinds of conservatives as well as helping you to determine what kind of liberal you are, which can be very helpful when trying to discern how to approach a situation. It's a fun and easy read, but also very effective if you're wanting to score a few points for the Blue Team!

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun, quick read, December 4, 2007
Cindy W (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Win a Fight with a Conservative (Paperback)
This is a really funny, enjoyable book. It has lots of great quizzes, lists, and do's and don'ts that make it easy to jump into at any point. And I loved all the quotes from Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Great stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars How To Win A Fight With A Conservative, January 26, 2013
Absolutely loved it,could not put down read.Not just helpful but also hilarious,makes you laugh at yourself.Will buy How To Win A Fight With A liberal And Win because this was so entertaining ,just to see if Fight A Liberal is as informative and funny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased during the primary season, February 16, 2013
Linda (Bangor, ME USA) - See all my reviews
A friend recommended this book to me, and was happy to have it downloaded onto my laptop via the Kindle app and Amazon. Very enjoyable "book".

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, December 28, 2012
Just a great little book that lets you know you are not alone in your frustration with delusional, knuckle dragging homophobes!

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome relief from rage, July 31, 2007
C. Brydolf (Winters, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Win a Fight with a Conservative (Paperback)
I needed a laugh after spending so much energy feeling either helpless or enraged or both whenever I considered the state of our present administration. Both books are very funny, and I learned a few things, too. I wondered whether I could enjoy the companion book about winning fights with liberals, but I found it felt good to laugh at those guys too. My 10-year-old niece was fascinated by the Conservative Hall of Shame and eager to get the dirt on all the famous people she always heard adults in her life complaining about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning you have to fight Republicans, September 13, 2011
This review is from: How to Win a Fight with a Conservative (Paperback)
Unfortunately in our times, we have reached the end of the age of reason. It has become necessary to go from reasoned argument to threats in order to get Conservatives of any type to see the truth. You need every fact and book ever printed to to convince people. The Bible does not say "Go out there and get yours" Or that the poor are your enemy. It says "Love thy neighbor as thyself" That's for starters. You have to let people know that someone killed JFK, stole the election in Florida and ran the 9-11 operation for the benefit of Oil and military hardware profits. And that the worst of these was the stolen election because it meant that the other events will keep happening. Read this book, shut off your television and think. That's why this book. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh Attack, May 30, 2008
This review is from: How to Win a Fight with a Conservative (Paperback)
A good laugh is an excellent antidote to these times of strife in this post-9/11 world. I'd rather find a reason to laugh than to feel disgusted and enraged in re the current administration.

The contrasting light and trenchant humor is very effective and readers will undoubtedly come away with some new insights. I loved the categories of conservatives and the Hall of Shame was just too funny! While I readily admit that I am no fan of Bush (called the Commander in Thief by the local democrats, which is one of the gentler sobriquets he has earned), I enjoy good, political humor. In fairness, I enjoyed the book about winning fights with liberals. In short, I like political humor.

How to Win a Fight with a Conservative
How to Win a Fight with a Conservative by Daniel Kurtzman (Paperback - June 1, 2007)
Used & New from: $0.01