Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on August 29, 2012
I have no idea whether this is a good book or not.

All I can say is most of the reviews here seem to be written in the same style, probably by the same person, and around the same dates.
11 comment20 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2011
The author is extremely motivational. His tactics seem to relate well no matter how much previous work experience you have or lack. Further, his plan is well thought out, easy to understand, and clearly broken down into categories that seem surmountable. His plan did not scare me - it seemed like a path I could actually follow and not a system that was unrealistic or too time consuming to lead to a profitable result. Joe Carroll's book gave me a very positive outlook on job searching that is hard to stay focused on in the midst of this economic downturn we are faced with. I would recommend this book to anyone who needs a little guidance in their quest to find what makes them truly happy and a reminder that a positive attitude is worth so much more than we sometimes give it credit for.
0Comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2011
I could not get past the introduction without screaming "Yes!" I needed this book in 2009 while I was a less than stellar graduate student in the life sciences. I had been poorly mentored by a grad student. The principal researcher who was frustrated with my lack of progress "diagnosed" me with a learning disorder. I started to realize that I may not be living up to my potential in that particular situation, and this book relates to this idea. He repeats some other things which I think is good because it helps you to focus on how to bring everything he is saying together. As you get into the chapters, all the advice is practical such as staying healthy, using a phone to job hunt (imagine that!), and many other great tips. One thing that could be viewed as a negative by some is that the author makes it known he is a Christian and does talk about it throughout the book. It does not offend me and I hope that it doesn't overshadow the practical information that he provides. Also, for those of use just coming into the job market, making connections is definitely going to be harder. Overall, the book maintains a very positive tone from beginning to end, something that gets lost when the search for a job seems insurmountable. I would highly recommend this book for if you are looking for a job.
on January 4, 2011
Joe Carroll's "How to Get at Great Job in 90 Days or Less" is a 91-page road map for those seeking a great job, which is not only one that pays well, but leads to self-fulfillment. The sixteen chapters outline key strategies to discovering your purpose in life, a condition that grows from passion. It's a well-written, quick read that espouses the virtue of turning tragedy into triumph. For example, if you get fired, use that time to find what you really love, your true calling in life. The book is a thorough compendium of tools to elevate every aspect of your life, starting at the basics, the secular, moving on to the spiritual. Carroll, a member of the Society of Human Resource Management, gives his expert opinion on the landscape of the career field and how to avoid landmines. This totable book is a must for not only the job-seeker, but those seeking satisfaction in career, which ultimately leads to a satisfying life.
on January 1, 2011
Finding a job in a tough economy just got a lot easier with Joe Carroll's How to Get a Great Job in 90 Days or Less. Packed with information, this book lays out a clear road map for anyone looking for a new job or hoping to change jobs as the economy improves. Each chapter tackles a different aspect of job-hunting, from interview tips to how to take the work out of networking. Carroll encourages people to connect their passions with their career choices and to seek jobs that will maximize their talents. He offers solid advice on managing a career and explains the importance of thinking like a head-hunter. Every page has great job-hunting tips, including the Ten Top Job Secrets They Never Taught You in College. Carroll is an international speaker and renowned career coach. If you are thinking of entering the job market or changing careers, buying this book will be one of the best investments you ever made.
on November 29, 2010
Go for it! I would recommend this book to anyone interested in finding a job fast. The book is packed with very specific action steps. I never really thought about connecting my passions, talents and purpose with a job, but what the author has to say makes a lot of sense. My only regret is not having the opportunity to read it sooner.
I liked the stuff on page 45 about, "Finding jobs means dialing for jobs."
on February 4, 2013
Book is quite interesting, reminding the reader that looking for a job IS a full time job itself! Some of the ideas only apply to executives or professionals, not to administrative or general staff positions that lots more people actually have.
on December 4, 2012
Very thought-provoking and motivational. No one can truly guarantee you a job, but this does help get you on the right track!
on February 25, 2012
I'm about halfway through this book and am pleased from what I read so far. The whole premises of the book is to follow your "inner calling" in life. Things like keeping a notepad & pen on your night bureau to write down your dreams that wake you up in the middle of the night or paying attention to how you really "feel" towards certain things are the key foundations into finding a career-oriented job that you will enjoy doing and will thus "complete" you in the end. The author is trying to make the reader find jobs that he or she would enjoy doing as opposed to just any old decent paying jobs. I think that is what the "Great" part in the title of this book means. The author doesn't necessarily mean finding a job that pays good money, but a position that is more fulfilling in life. The book is good and I got it for $9 (plus shipping). I have a Kindle, but thought an actual "hard bound" edition would be better because then I can write in the book and highlight certain parts.
on January 1, 2011
This book is not only for people that are looking for a job. It is also for the people that are looking to make a career change or for people that are not really sure what they want to do with their life in the workforce.

The step by step tools to help you achieve your goal is well written and very informative. It takes you through information about yourself and how to make your decison of the path you want to take. Then it shows you how to market yourself, which is so very important not only when you are looking for a job, and then how to use what you have learned out about yourself and helps to point you in the direction of what your career goals are and how to get that job you are looking for.

It is a must read for all especially during the hard economic times we are currently in along with the new choices that people are having to make about their careers.

Find Yourself and then find your job.