How Great is this Show!!!!???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 2, 2007 11:08:29 AM PDT
This is the best show I've seen in months, other than The Office and 30 Rock. But FOC has that great musical element where you can sing one of thier songs and someone will ask you what you're singing and you can then introduce them to the wonderful world of Flight Of the Conchords. So what would be some similarities/differences to Tenacious D. Definitiley content, FOC seems more light-hearted. I love Tenacious D as well and own their Complete Works DVD, which is great, but I think FOC has that extra touch of humanity, they seem less cartoon-ish, also, they play different music although they're both acoustic Tenacious D are ROCKERS!!!, while FOC are a delightful mixture of folk and funk. Who agrees with me????

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2008 1:01:31 AM PST
Ryan B says:
I'm a "D"isciple myself, but I'm also trying to contact Mel so I can join the FotC fan club... I still haven't heard back from her, so I'm suspicious. The D had a very short run on HBO, but I was very happy to purchase the Complete Masterworks to replace my self-made VCDs. With FotC, I'm glad that the show has done well and I'll be watching it well into the future. I have the EP, and I'll keep an eye out for the LP when it comes out. Brilliant stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2008 6:54:49 AM PST
You'll have to wait till April, I read thats when it will be released. Apparently the guys wanted to tweak the tracks from the show, which is interesting, but still can't wait. And what's with the dvd though? All show and no extra features??? Some deleted scenes, or commentary, give me something. I'll be pretty peeved when they release another "special edition" later on. As for the D, the show was very short lived, I didn't even watch it. A friend of mine told me about it then I finally saw it on dvd. I prefer the show more than the movie, I was so jazzed when I heard they were making a movie. Then it came out and I was kind of disappointed, it had moments and references from the show but wasn't as funny. It was like Strangers with Candy, I loved the show but I didn't find the movie as funny. Again there were references from certain episodes, but the humor just didn't register on celluloid. I hope a Conchords flick is not in the works, I wouldn't want to be disappointed. The episodes of season 1 are so great. My fav would probably be the one where they're discrimenated against by the fruint stand guy and bret calls him a racist and jemaine says don't say racist say xenophobic. I mean pure genius, not alot of people got that but it's still funny. I also love the episode where they get girlfriends, and bret is all bummed about sleeping with his girlfriend and jemaine cheers him up with the talking stove, "Cheer up bret....AAHH let's make a cake". One of the best lines of the season.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2008 4:44:13 PM PST
Rebecca says:
I cannot get enough of these guys!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa68bf1c8)

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Oct 2, 2007
Latest post:  Feb 18, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Flight of the Conchords: Season 1
Flight of the Conchords: Season 1 by Jemaine Clement (DVD - 2007)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (295)