Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: How To Be Happy Wife Of An Unsaved Husband
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 19, 2006
Wow does this book hit the nail on the head!! I recommend it to every woman that is saved and is struggling because her husband is not. I just gave my copy to a fellow sister a few days ago, but have already decided to buy another copy to keep around for the powerful prayers and insight it contains. The author personally went through years of devastation in her own experiences with her unsaved husband (you'll think she's talking about YOUR marriage!). I'd thank Mrs. Davis for writing this book in person if I could! :D
on February 17, 2008
Had I found this book sooner, I wouldn't have sit thru many Sunday services in church, in tears, worrying about my husband's salvation. You'll learn that it's NOT your fault he's not a Christian yet. This book helps me to realize the right ways to bring your spouse to Christ by being a good example yourself. Pushing him (or her) into going to church with you is more likely to create resentment towards Christianity and towards you. The book helps me to stop the hurt in my heart, and to start being happy and hopeful. I hope it'll do the same for you. By they way I got this book from a local Christian book store.
on November 21, 2011
I was going to give it 2 stars since i don't hate anything....but decided to give it one star to give fair warning to future buyers before purchasing. I may up it to 2 stars at a later date. First of all, i bought this book because my husband is unsure of his salvation & by his outward self, I'd say he's not saved. He is full of anger, turns all things around on me, sees me cry because of his words and doesn't comfort me, basically isn't really shining how the Lord would have him. He goes to church with me! I have to wake him up to get him to go and he says he does not go for me, but every Sunday, it never fails, he's fast asleep and I get the kids bathed, clothed, etc etc alone and then wake him up so he can get ready. So, i thought this book would help a person like me - but instead it deals mostly with men who resent their wives faith in God. My husband knows better than to resent God openly...which i guess is a good thing, but I am dealing with a fake husband. One who goes to church and acts a certain way & gets to the parking lot and in the car starts getting angry because of the kids being whiny, basically I have a husband who hears the word, but it's in one ear and out the other. I was hoping this book would touch base on those living with husbands in general aren't living in God's will, not just about husbands who hate Chrsitianity. This books main focus is about the man who is angry about his wife being a christian. It also spends most of the time telling the woman how she shouldn't be beating herself up about her husbands salvation. I never beat myself up over it, although I do spend time crying about why I have to deal with a husband like this. But I never think it's my fault he's not saved, even though most pastors will tell you to submit and he'll get saved. I always knew it was my husband who's shoulder that rested on, not mine. I also know that i can be a better wife. I really was hoping this would be a self help book, helping a wife of an unsaved husband deal with a husband who has the devil in him. I was hoping I would learn how to deal with his anger at the world, some strategies I could use so I don't fall into the trap of stooping to his level. As a newly saved christian i was looking for direction on how to be a better wife, despite my husband trying to bring me to a low level. I wanted to know how i could acheive victory and ways i could be more Christ-like when I have someone acting out against me all the time. This wasn't the book. I can sum the book up by this: Don't beat yourself up over your husband not being saved, don't think it's your fault or that there is anything you can do - God has to do it (and so does your husband) Pray that the Lord save your husband, learn to understand that the unsaved husbands anger toward your faith is the devil and submit because it's your choice, not because you HAVE to, but because you want to please God. It doesn't go in depth about submission, either. This book, for me, was a waste of money, really dissapointed. IF your husband is unsaved and you have been saved for a long time AND your husband HATES that you are saved and hates christians....this book might help you. If you are newly saved and waiting for your husband to come around and have never grown up in the church and don't know the bible's roles for women and want to learn - this is NOT the book for you, it won't help you. I didn't grow up in the church, my mom was the head of my household & I was really hoping to get more insight into how I can live for Jesus in spite of my circumstances...
1010 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2015
If I could give half stars it would be 3.5.

The author does a complete job of identifying the struggles and issues of the Christian wife married to an unsaved husband. It's the solution side of things that falls short. Ultimately, regarding our husbands' salvation, the only thing we can do is pray. But the title implies it's going to tell us how to overcome the grief and solitude of the unequal marriage. She touches on it, but fails to deliver. I do like her questions to ask oneself at the end of each chapter. Introspection is the first step toward accepting the circumstances, which, in turn, is required to move beyond them and choose happiness. There is no single solution, I'll grant. But the bottom line is that women married to unsaved men need to change their thinking. The author didn't explore that part of the issue as fully as she could, which is what leaves so much to be desired from a book with "how to" in the title. It's still a decent read with worthwhile content. It'll just take a little more effort for the reader to find ways to that change in thinking and the consequent happiness.
on April 16, 2014
This book had me think twice about giving up on my husband and marriage. Thank You for opening my eyes and my heart to remember to look at my husband the way God does and to not blame myself for his rejection of Christ, to TRUST IN JESUS, and continue to pray for my husband.
on June 5, 2009
This book is absolutely wonderful. The scriptural references are excellent. It is very helpful in coping, loving, and living with your unsaved husband. Once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. It was like the author was writing specifically about my husband.
on January 5, 2009
This book is very true to it's title. I too live with an unsaved spouse and took great encouragement and hope from it. I believe this is a book that can actually be used as a work book/ prayer book as it has "points to ponder" at the end of each chapter.
on October 10, 2011
I finished this book in three different sittings. It is an easy read and very practical. Many times when I read books that are written as a self-help book, I walk away from it thinking that the steps are unclear or too difficult to implement, but not this book. It is very practical, very scriptural, and the author has such a wonderful heart for those women in unequally yoked marriages. There is no condemnation in this book. For the first time, I really feel hope because I really understand that it is not me that is keeping my husband from believing and that God is the one who is ultimately able & my husband is ultimately responsible for his decision concerning Christ. The author also gives a very good scriptural explanation of how to pray for your unbelieving husband or any other unbelieving person. Mrs. Davis also has a chapter devoted to the Proverbs 31 woman. Usually, when I hear a teaching or read an article on the Prov. 31 woman, I walk away feeling very far from that woman, but Mrs. Davis breaks down the main verses and explains what they mean in a way that I can relate to her and feel like I can achieve the ideal of this wonderful woman. Overall, I found this book to be very freeing and I feel more confident & better equipped to pray for my husband.
on January 19, 2014
Thought the book very encouraging and uplifting. It emphasizes patience and explains both sides and emotions felt from a non believer as well as a believer. I ;hav read it several times and feel better when I am discouraged and angry.
on October 2, 2013
Pretty good book thus far. This as an opinionated book. If you read please have an open mind for criticism of how you may change the way you live spiritually in your marriage. It takes two to tango and one can not change another unless they want to. An individual can change their life for the better spiritually there is no guarantee that the significant other will be willing even after all efforts are exhausted.