5.0 out of 5 stars Best Halloween decorating series by far...
Published on August 6, 2010 by Trevor L. Tolliver

2.0 out of 5 stars Repeat of book one
I really hated to review this negatively because I loved the first book and from what I can tell the authors are really good people, but the material in this book should have been added to a second edition of the first book.

Buy it anyway!
Published on March 15, 2012 by Luke

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Halloween decorating series by far..., August 6, 2010
I absolutely LOVE books one and two of this series. These are movie set-quality props and techniques that you can make yourself for a fraction of the cost of buying these very same items from party supply stores; not only that, but you have the satisfaction of having created all of them yourself! I received the first book as a gift and have made some incredible pieces (if I don't say so myself) using amazingly simple and inexpensive tools and supplies (I found everything I needed from Home Depot and Lowes at low prices, and believe me, I am NOT a handy person). I had heard a second book was in the works, and I was not disappointed when I finally got a copy: more props, more figures, more fantastic ideas that are fun to duplicate, and easy to personalize into something brand new. I simply can't say enough about how inspiring and fun these books are; if you are a Halloween fanatic like I am, these two books - though pricey - have literally given me hours and hours of fun at my workbench in the garage and were worth every penny!

4.0 out of 5 stars Haunting Your House, continued, October 30, 2010
Alice Kruse (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
This is the second in the series, and is in many ways a continuation of the first book. How To Haunt Your House There are some in-depth treatments of making Styrofoam look creepy, and faux painting techniques that pick up where the first book left off. What made this book valuable for me is the chapter on using windshield wiper motors to animate Halloween props.

As before, the lighting of the props is creepy, and the photos are super-clear. The layout of the book makes every page exciting. The writing is easy to understand and conversational in tone. All the techniques are easily accessible. But the strength of these books is that they provide a jumping-off point for anyone interested in making their houses creepy (not cutesy) at Halloween.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, October 15, 2010
Anyone who loves Halloween will love this book. Not only is it great for people that want to build props, but it's also a great book to look at. Each project gives you a list of what you need and step by step "how to" instructions. I also have book one and there's enough variations and new projects to warrant having both books. I've built a couple of the props and even added some variations to the projects. Even if you don't build any of the props, it's still a great book to look at. The layout is great and all the photos are interesting. Just looking at the book will put you in the Halloween mood! Also, you don't have to use it for just Halloween. The projects are inspirational, some of which can be adapted to other venues.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you bought the first one you'll want this one too., September 25, 2010
John D. King (Orange, CA United States) - See all my reviews
If you bought the first one you'll want this one too. If you didn't why not? Best pictures in any haunters guide. Directions good,with room for imagination. Do we dare hope for a third?

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're ready to step it up several notches..., August 12, 2010
This second book in the series is definitely for those people who want to move beyond the basics of static props. In this volume are several "hacks" to make existing animatronic decorations spookier, and much more along the lines of motorized props.

It is more for people who are willing to put a lot of time and money into their Halloween decorations - or are planning to MAKE money from their attraction. If you want to start a professional haunted house, this is a definite must! $40 spent is well worth the time saved. Of course, the digital download is available on lulu for $10.

Even if you are not going to go "all out" on the electronics, there is lots of inspiration here. There are more finishing techniques, more static props, and more advice on making your Halloween scene a memorable one!

Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best How to Book Series Ever!!, November 6, 2010
I bought both books on How to Haunt Your House- they are awesome! I'm not a "crafts" person, but I do like to build things, and these books give you practical, step-by-step instructions with detailed photos on how to build just about anything to haunt your house. This couple has very creative ideas that are not difficult to accomplish. The tools they use are also very practical and most are inexpensive. Some of the projects can be a little time consuming, so you should get your book early and start your projects well before Halloween. You will want to have time to enjoy the creative experience and finish in time for the holiday! In 7 weeks I was able to build 3 8' dungeon walls, 2 tombstones, 2 graveyard entry pillars, haunted candles and a chandelier, by taking a couple of hours after work each night to work on these. I had a blast working on these and I'm already planning for next year!!

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Haunt your House Book 2, November 23, 2010
I've been a home haunter for many years and have an extensive number of props and the information in these 2 books is going to put them over the top. Both of these books have tons of ideas and easy step by step instructions on how to construct the props. I can't wait to get started. I will be first in line to by the next book if they put one out.

5.0 out of 5 stars More Good Ideas!, June 24, 2011
R. Parisi "RobInRI" (Providence, RI United States) - See all my reviews
This book is full of very original ideas for everyone from serious haunters to those who just want to add some spooky touches to their home. I haven't seen these props in any other book, and I read lots of Halloween how-to books.

Some of the props are very large and involved and would take time and patience to create, but the end results are great. Some other props look like they could be done in an afternoon, but are equally impressive.

As in Book One, there are instructions for creating relistic tombstones and a home cemetery. I especially like the styrofoam tomb cover to hide outside electronics, and the Grave Ghosts created by draping fabric over 'bodies' made out of chicken wire.

The instructions are detailed and clear without becoming too complex, and the materials and supplies are things that nearly everyone could find at local stores.

I think this book is as good as the first one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration and Education, September 14, 2011
Books 1 and 2 of this series are excellent, go - to sources for those with the time and inclination to go a little overboard on your home haunt. Very clear directions for featured props plus tons of ideas for customizing store bought props. I have used both books extensively in preparation for Halloween 2011 and already have the wheels spinning for 2012. Great reading!

2.0 out of 5 stars Repeat of book one, March 15, 2012
This review is from: How to Haunt Your House, Book Two (Kindle Edition)

Buy it anyway!