5.0 out of 5 stars LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY!!!!
The snobs and other uptight people will hate this one....but if you have a sense of humor, you will be rolling on the floor. Very funny and talented supporting cast for Method Man and Redman. Forget about the plot (think Marx Bros.)and just enjoy some of the year's hippest and funniest gags.
Published on April 9, 2002 by craigmart

3.0 out of 5 stars Meth & Red
To say that I enjoyed this movie makes me feel kind of guilty. To admit that I actually wore my sweater like Method Man because of this movie turns my cheeks red. But, the fact that I actually watched this film with my best friend's 6-year-old son while I was babysitting is probably the one thing I'm most ashamed of.

Ouch.

Ha, anyways, this film,...
Published on June 21, 2010 by Andrew Ellington

5.0 out of 5 stars LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY!!!!, April 9, 2002
"craigmart" (Southern California) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could give Higher stars, July 13, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: How High (DVD)
I saw in the movies with my best friend and we thought we were gonna die laughing. This movie is hella funny, Red and Meth are awesome. all of those people who say this movie is bad are probably old geezers who are mad that they are not young enough to have like us teenagers and what not.
The plot of two stoners getting into harvard is quite ingenious in this sensitive comedy. Watch this movie with the parents due to the low ratio of swear words, and there is barely any smoking or drug abuse-THATS UNHEARD OF IN THIS MOVIE!!! Hey you might even learn something because they are going to Harvard and learning too!
Highly recommend to buy this movie about two low class but well brought up boys finally achieving their goal of going to an ivy league school, you might cry you will feel such joy for these two excellent role models.

5.0 out of 5 stars HOW HIGH, June 16, 2008
This review is from: How High (DVD)
OMG ONE OF THE BEST FILMS EVER.. ESP WATCHING WITH FRIENDS... REDMAN AND METH ARE DEF AT THE TOP OF THEIR GAME ON THIS FILM... ESP WHEN THERE IN CLASS IN THE BEGINING OF THE FILM..

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, February 11, 2012
This review is from: How High (DVD)
I was told this movie was perfect when your high. It didn't work for me. I thought it was boring and fell asleep. The next day when I was straight I watched this movie. It was so funny.... LOVE this movie!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Meth & Red, June 21, 2010
Andrew Ellington (I'm kind of everywhere) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

Ouch.

Ha, anyways, this film, while really stupid, is also pretty funny. It doesn't have a great sense of humor, but it manages to illicit the types of laughs it sets out to (I was NOT high when I watched this, although I have been told numerous times that it helps) and so I can't say I was disappointed. The plot is not anything you'll need to remember. I mean, Method Man and Red Man smoke a genius (literally, not figuratively) and wind up in Harvard. After that, well it's rather generic teen/sex/com fun, and it mostly works.

Mostly.

Red Man and Method Man deliver respectable performances considering who they are and what they do (they are by far more superior rappers than actors) and the supporting cast is predictably sufficient for what they need to do. In the end there isn't a lot more to be said. Sit back, relax and turn your brain off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Munchies Supreme, January 6, 2005
This review is from: How High (DVD)
Dude, this movie was so frickin hilarious I thought I would die at times. Me and my buds got a random sense of humor, and this was just it. If you havnt seen this yet, and you can relate to the characters....for whatever reason, SEE IT!

-frojoe

4.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly funny, May 26, 2002
This review is from: How High (DVD)
Normally I am not at all a fan of "stoner films", the whole idea of drug use, let alone glorifying it in film upsets me to no end, but I have to say that this movie made me fall over laughing! It's very rare to see a movie anymore that can keep you laughing from begining to end, but if you like to laugh this is a great flick. Not for the kiddies however, but definately a shocking surprise to find out that it wasn't another stupid movie your wasting your hard earned money on!
Totally worth the price, lot's and lot's of fun! Method Man and Red Man deliver an outstanding preformance comparable to that of Chris Rock and Chris Tucker! I can't even begin to fully explain the hillarity of this movie, you definatly have to see it to believe it!

4.0 out of 5 stars great movie, fair condition, May 11, 2010
This review is from: How High (DVD)
The movie is great if u like movies about pot I guess, but it is very funny. I bought it for my boyfriend and we got it right away. The 1st movie was damaged so sent back and they were really quick and helpful in the whole process but the rreplacement actually did skip once. I've bought probly 35 movies on Amazon.com and never had any problems before. Always very happy. No biggie, only cost's $1.99 at Hastings to have the disc resurfaced anyway. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Response to "alphaspace", December 3, 2005
This review is from: How High (DVD)
I really don't think that alphaspace even SAW the movie considering the fact he/she is leaving out vital information.

He/she forgets to mention that the character of Silas (Method Man)is a young man who is the neighborhood's drug dealer/"witch" doctor. He creates medicine with the drugs he sells, and actually shows some intelligence and interest in his studies.

Also, "alphaspace" forgets to mention Obba Babatundé who plays the DEAN of Harvard university. He is a (gasp!) black man that is actually trying to keep Silas and Jamal out because of their first impression to him. He thinks they're brain dead, and he does everything he can to get them out of Harvard. Not to mention he forgets the character that Lark Vorhess plays. She is an intelligence black woman who also goes to Harvard.

The movie makes of all the characters, black white men women. Notice that when you actually sit down and watch the movie. They make fun of Silas and Jamal's roommates, which are actually white and Asian.

Method Man and Redman are not serious actors. If anything they're more jokers (check out their previous acting experience to see). If anyone takes this film seriously they really have NO IDEA what background the main actors have. This movie doesn't show anything of reality so don't take it so much to heart.

Personally, I like this movie when it came out. There's no meaning to it, and sometimes you need to watch such things. If you're interested in one of those stoner/dumb movies get this. It may be screwed up and just downright in bad taste, but you can't hide several of the funny scenes. I'm getting the DVD because unlike other people I can tell between entertainment and real life

3.0 out of 5 stars One of the underrated comedy films of the 2000s, October 30, 2005
A Kid's Review
This review is from: How High (DVD)
Method and Redman rocked this film i wish they could have made a part 2 of this movie it was almost as funny as friday or any wayans movie that was a super hit method and redman were not only great rappers but great actors in a comedy movie this movie is all about have fun which i did while watching it da movie didn't have 2 send a real message as others movies do getting high 2 get high scores was kind of creative if you ask me da movie begins with method and redman meeting eachother at the parking lot because they both mess up their weed so they shared whatever weed they had left they shared da weed 2gether so they can pass their SAT exam 2 go to college they got a 1600 and decided to go to Harvard at Harvard they took matter into their own hands they got the woman the grades well sort of they was both passing with all As then at midterm time they recevied all Fs because a white guy smoke all their drugs up they wont to a graveyard full of dead people to find the former president to help them pass all their classes so they can stay in Harvard college they was unsuccessful in getting answers from the former president so Method had 2 recreate weed for him and method man they were successful in doing that they pass their classes and was allow to attend a party as their reward at the party method and redman got everyone high even the vice president was messed up and their got rid of the evil college teacher who tired real hard to expelled them both out of collge this movie is good for people who enjoys a good comedy film this is a good one that doesn't disappoint at all JB

How High
How High by Jesse Dylan (DVD - 2002)
$9.99 $6.59