- Explore more great deals on thousands of titles in our Deals in Books store.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
How to Buy a Home When You Can't Afford It Paperback – Bargain Price, June 24, 2002
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Back Cover
Think you can't afford to buy a home? Think again!
If you are thinking about buying your first home in today's real estate market, it's easy to feel discouraged. It may seem as if you needed to save up for your down payment since kindergarten and never pay a bill late in your life. Nothing could be further from the truth! Best-selling real estate author Robert Irwin can show you how to make your dream of home ownership a reality regardless of your financial situation. Loaded with information and advice about everything from low down payment and no down payment mortgages to finding the right agent, Robert Irwin leads you down the path to home ownership one step at a time.
- Cash poor? How about coming up with as little as 10, 5, or 0 percent down!
- High prices? Discover how persistence, patience, and a little hard work can really pay off!
- Worried about big monthly mortgage payments? Between adjustable rate mortgages (ARMs) and huge tax breaks, a mortgage is a lot more affordable than you think.
- Credit concerns? Irwin gives you the inside scoop on credit scores and what you can do to improve yours.
- Where and what to buy? Learn how to identify the best neighborhood for your money and compare different housing options.
- Looking for new construction? Find out how you can save up to 30 percent if you build it yourself!
Irwin doesn't stop there, How to Buy a Home When You Can't Afford It is packed with advice about affordable government housing programs, tips on cutting closing costs, how to evaluate fixer-uppers, and so much more. So stop making excuses and start making your dream a reality today!
About the Author
Robert Irwin, one of America's leading experts in all areas of real estate, is the author of more than 50 books, including McGraw-Hill's best-selling Tips and Traps series. For more real estate tips and traps, go to www.robertirwin.com.
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
This book is worth every penny. It is well-written, researched and up to date. If you would like to buy a home and are waiting to save up for a downpayment order this book today. You won't be sorry!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Robert Irwin calls himself "America's #1 Real Estate Author" and there's a good reason -- the sheer number of real estate books he has written! Read morePublished on February 18, 2013 by Regina Brown
There is only one wise way to buy a home: afford it. We're talking 20% down (forget this 80/20 nonsense), with a fifteen-year (maaaaybe thirty-year) fixed-rate mortgage. Read morePublished on January 11, 2010 by Michael F. Mcneeley