1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars New marketing lessons from an old master, August 9, 2009
This review is from: How I Learned The Secrets Of Success In Advertising (Paperback)
First, the negatives. It has nothing to do with the author or the material but the republisher. The book has numerous dumb and totally unnecessary typos and errors. If you can get your hands on the original book, do so. They're hard to come by, however.

As a copywriter, I know that times change. Styles change and methods of writing copy change more or less. But human nature never changes. What motivated them a hundred years ago, pretty much motivates them today. I laugh when a young copywriter thinks he's come up with something new and great all on his own because I know it's as old as the hills and was used before the astounding day of his auspicious birth.

The language used in these old books is stilted and considerably different in style than the unfortunate mess of the language we use today. But what's said is critical knowledge to the copywriter or marketer.

Highly recommended.

- Susanna K. Hutcheson

How I Learned The Secrets Of Success In Advertising
How I Learned The Secrets Of Success In Advertising by Bernie Malonson (Paperback - January 8, 2009)
$19.95