Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on April 8, 2013
The patterns are simple, which makes them easy to use; however, they are tiny. The instructions say to copy at 200 percent. To get the size I was hoping for, I needed to go an additional 200%. This double enlargement gave me a squirrel that was lifesize and a pattern that was large enough to work on a sewing machine. I think the recommended size would have to be hand sewn.
on December 15, 2012
I have long admired the enchanting and quirky little creatures in Sian Keegan's Etsy shop, so I was delighted when her book was finally released.

One of the things I appreciate about her designs is that they work well for making less plushy/furry type animals, and you can use interesting printed materials and still have a recognizable doll. My favorite little character in this books is the Narwhal, poor narwhals are usually so overlooked. Her dogs are all delightful, and the fox and squirrel are other stand out favorites.

Her hand drawn instructions are charming and easy to follow. The drawings enhance the book and you can sense the love and investment she has in her designs.
on October 10, 2012
This is a very cute book. The designs are very charming. The only criticism that I have is that the patterns need to be enlarged (200%). It would have been nice and more convenient if the patterns had come full size instead. Otherwise, very cute.
11 comment17 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2013
I love this book! The animal patterns are adorable! I have made one dog and was a bit nervous that it would be fiddly being so tiny. It was not that hard and the instructions are very good. It turned out adorable. I do really wish that the patterns were full size in the book. It is a real pain to have to take the book to the library and pay extra to enlarge them when they are so small even at full size and I have already paid for the book.
on November 21, 2013
I am so excited to make there. My only complaint is that you have to scale up the patterns- I really wish they had just included transparent full sized patterns instead of colored half-size ones
on August 29, 2013
Even though there is an overabundance of stuffed dogs in the book (3 out of 18), the Squirrel and the Bunny are fantastic, and the instructions are very detailed. I've already done 2 rabbits and 1 squirrel to critical success!!!

If you are about to attempt the squirrel be aware that there is something wrong with the arms. I sew them just a bit smaller to have enough fabric for the arms not to come appart!!!

Excellent buy nontheless!!!
on January 22, 2013
Good instructions for making stuffed animals. Well laid out and easy to follow the directions. Am trying to find the time to experiment!
on July 19, 2014
I love this book. I missed the instructions that say to copy the patterns and enlarge them 200%, so I made these fantastic but very tiny animals. Even that small, the patterns work up quickly and easily. And the finished animals are really cute! Every one that I have made has been claimed immediately! I can't wait to try them again after enlarging the patterns!
on May 18, 2015
There are some unique patterns included but overall the book is only okay. The instructions are not very clear and beginner sewer/crafter would have a lot of difficulty please the patterns are extremely small and hard to copy/use.
on January 14, 2013
I have been a fan of Sian's animals and have purchased a few from her Etsy site. This book is just what I needed. Directions are clear and well photographed. Plus there is tons of inspiration in these pages. Great book from a creative maker.