Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on August 2, 2005
This book does a good job of describing the basic equipment of the game, and the rules of the most popular games. Silberzahn then gives a concise description of proper dart form and technique. This makes it a good starting point for beginners. Any new player following the advice in his book should improve. He follows it up with a discussion of strategy and practice routines. Again, this is helpful for novice and intermediate players seeking to improve their game. Where the book excels is in its "Legends Speak" section. I disagree with the prior reviewer's opinion on the value of advice from acknoweldged masters of the game. Advanced darters will appreciate the professional tips on tournament play from people who have "been there and done that." Also, the "Legends Speak" section adds some human interest to the book, which is a quality lacking in many other works I have read on improving dart play.
on June 29, 2011
Let me say firstly that George is a great dart writer, and that this is a great book, and an expansion of a brilliant pamphlet on throwing darts. However, instead of putting out a new revised edition of this, he expanded the book and changed the name to DARTS: Beginning to End. This covers the flight school regimen and encompasses everything that is in this book. Buy this instead. It gets 5 five stars and is essential.
on November 12, 2012
I am mystified at the great reviews for this book. This book includes extremely basic information about the equipment and the more popular games; more in-depth information could easily be found in many sites online. As a beginner, I found the book woefully inadequate at describing the proper mechanics. There are ZERO pictures or illustrations of dart grip or, more importantly, the "curling of fingers and bending of wrist" that keeps the dart level; we are left to figure out ourselves what he means. Whether one finds the interviews with other dart experts entertaining, there is nothing in them that would improve one's game. There is also very little on game strategy that would be more important to more advanced players. The only useful part of this book was the three pages that discussed his practice regimen. Perhaps his newer book has added pictures/illustrations of the mechanics he discusses, but I would want to make sure before purchasing.
on January 4, 2007
I just received this book 2 days ago and have already gleaned some helpful insights that I'm sure will help me out of the slump I've found myself in this year. The practice routines suggested seem to be more helpful and realistic than any I've tried to date. I found the Legends speak portion to be interesting, with a few nuggets of "Dart Pro" Gold buried in the personal experience stories of these Legends. I am only a recreational darter, playing on a club league and hoping for a gradual improvement to my game over time, so I'll probaly never make use of all the information regarding tournament experiences. but if you are interested in Tounament strategy and info, this would be a great buy for you. Who woulda thought that the type of shoes your wearing could have an impact on your game?

Overall, I am impressed with the Book and recommend it highly.
on May 20, 2007
Great book.

Simple, direct instructions for techniques to improve your game that work. I've been working his drills, and my game has improved substantially.

Also, stories from quite a few dart pros to give you some insights into the world of pro darting.
on December 24, 2007
I loved this book, George knows the game maybe better than anyone.
His practice routines will sharpen your game, but I especially liked the stories from the individual players on how they got started and played through the years. I'm sorry to hear a couple of them passed away recently.
I'm 62 and they are all older than me. I remember playing against some of these guys in New York in the late seventies.They used to come into the bar I played out of in Queens to practice for the big tournaments in the area. I'm not so sure the younger crowd will enjoy it as much as I did.
If your an older dart player like myself you have to have this book.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2011
Wow George really can explain the game on a different level,great indept explaination of what to think and what to feel. Have read it twice and some chapters three and four times, as soon as you feel your throw is off a little just pick up the book and read it again.
on October 1, 2008
The book is OK....some helpful hints to help improve your game. The disappointment came with the section of famous dart players. Silberzahn
seemed unable to leave the Philly area for these interviews and most of the players talked about American darts and just touched on English, which is the form I assume most people buying the book are playing. That is the game Silberahn gives all his advice on. Where was Dave Kelly? Rick Nye?
on June 1, 2008
I found great instruction within. I had several minor 'bad habits' to my game. Individually, they may have been irrelevant, but collectively, they made my game suffer. Now, I'm top ten in my league and getting better all the time. The practice tips were great and helped me avoid all the frustration while just narrowing down my spots.
on April 21, 2008
Excellent instructive book written by a master of the sport. Genuinely aids one in sharpening up their skill in shooting darts.
Jim Crandall Massena, NY