5.0 out of 5 stars Always good entertainment.
We are big Simpsons fans, so, of course, we love this collection. It is always fun for our family to watch together and for us to share lots of laughs.
Published 8 months ago by L. A. Trickey

3.0 out of 5 stars I've Had Enough, How About You?
Published on January 19, 2012 by Theo

5.0 out of 5 stars Always good entertainment., October 19, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter Loves The Simpsons!, August 10, 2013
She's almost 13 and crazy for The Simpsons. She watches every episode multiple times, so it is always worthwhile for us to own them.

5.0 out of 5 stars THANK YOU, January 21, 2013
this show is awesome and so funny and sort of sad i love it so amazing i watch it all day long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny episodes, October 7, 2012
Some funny episodes of the seasons. I wish they would put up all the treehouse episodes in one package. But thats just me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simpsons Season 22 - Episode 21 - 500 Keys, May 5, 2012
This is one of my favorite Simpsons episodes. Why? It's a great story that's also a mystery with setups and payoffs. Just good, solid writing.

On the comedy side it contains a Nancy Drew bit that still makes me laugh out loud. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. Just an absolute slapstick funny moment. There's also a funny gag with Chief Wiggum.

Plus this line from Lisa:

"I've discovered a mystery, wrapped in a riddle in the basement of a lousy school."

"500 Keys"

An excellent episode.

4.0 out of 5 stars Scissor Hands...., January 21, 2012
I have to admit that I don't watch the Simpsons regularly but this one was recommended by others; in it, Millhouse plays a Theremin - so do I, and was excited to see an accurately depicted Moog Theremin in a cartoon. Admittedly the noise evident was not in sync with the movements but the sentiment was great.. Theremins will be better known for it.

3.0 out of 5 stars I've Had Enough, How About You?, January 19, 2012
Theo (Australia) - See all my reviews
I wouldn't exactly say that The Simpsons have jumped the shark. It's not like they've gone off in strange new directions that have caused the show to lose its original appeal. They haven't. In fact, the show itself is pretty much as it ever was. Maybe that's the problem. I don't know. But what I can tell you for certain is that these days I do have trouble making it through the whole episode. I mean that literally. Increasingly, I find myself just erasing these things half-watched. Often I find that I'd actually rather watch an old "classic" repeat.

Perhaps, after twenty-two seasons, it really is the sheer lack of change that's the problem. After keeping the main characters in what has essentially been a holding pattern for almost all of that time, we seem finally to have reached the point where each new episode is now _all_ about the wacky premise. "What if Homer... " or "How about if Krusty... ". You get the idea. This kind of thing is fine so far as it goes. But when that's truly all there is to a show, something's missing.

I remember back when Bart swore that "as God is my witness, I can pass the fourth grade!" I can't help but think that it's way past time to finally allow him to make good on that pledge. I also find that I can't help but think of Troy McClure's famous rhetorical question: "Who knows what adventures they'll have between now and the time the show becomes unprofitable?" My great fear is that that's really the way The Simpsons are going to end. Which would be genuinely very sad. Or at least, I certainly think so.

Fundamentally, to whoever's calling the shots here, I'd say simply this: I'm bored. I've had enough. Please quit while you're still at least respectably close to being on top, or else have the guts to take some real risks with this show. Let the core characters - the Simpsons themselves - actually develop a bit. Bring in some CHANGE for heaven's sake!

For the first time in a long, long while, you might even try surprising us.

As God is my witness, you can get past the fourth grade.

Theo.

1.0 out of 5 stars DVDs, please, August 20, 2011
The difference between even standard-def DVD quality and download/stream is obvious. Jagged edges, less color definition, and while it might look "good enough" on a portable smartphone, the price should be 1/3rd what's being asked. Not the same price for lesser quality.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit or Miss, June 25, 2014
Craig Smith (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
I was a big fan of the Simpsons earlier seasons (up to season 12), but I stopped watching their new stuff. I recently checked out season 22, and it wasn't too bad. The episodes are definitely hit or miss, but when they hit they really shine. There were a couple very poignant moments that brought a tear to my eye.

When the episodes miss (which is often), it's often because they're switching between boring non sequiturs and just day to day stuff. In many scenes, it feels like we're just watching a Simpsons reality show where nothing really happens and we see the foreshadowing of events that never end up happening. It's as if the writers don't feel the need to be funny, and that it'll just be funny because we're watching the Simpsons do it. They've forgotten the reason that the Simpsons was funny in the first place was that you could relate to them on some level. Watching these later seasons is like listening to the new album by a jaded old rock band trying to recapture the magic of their hits.

They need to get some new writers in on this show and stop worrying trying to imitate Family Guy.

Don't hope for much from this season, and you might get a couple delightful surprises. Just don't expect anything wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars classic, June 17, 2014
classic simpsons. great season very funny. I am glad I can watch it on my kindle that makes it nice to take on trips

Rate and Discover Movies