Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on February 4, 2011
I saw this book at a local bookstore and loved it!!!!!!!!! Looked at the price and then talked myself into checking on Amazon first. Good idea. I got the book for a cheaper price and have been completely satisfied. This book has an easy to read table of contents. I was even able to call my husband from the store I was shopping at and he quickly referenced the book so I would know what product to buy. I refer to it often and it has great tips!!!!! I love it!!
on September 20, 2009
This book is fun to read and look at. The subject is interesting. But do not take it to seriously. There are some good tips, but a lot of the tips are not practical for everyone,and some are obvious. Pick and choose the tips which are practical for you regarding money and also natural coloring. If you, like me, have curly dark hair and have olive complexion, you might have to skip some sections!!!
All in all, not bad at all.
on March 3, 2008
Just because I'm over fifty doesn't mean I want to look frumpy but it's difficult to get any help from fashion magazines and ads that are directed to the under-forty crowd. This book has great advice on issues that I haven't seen addressed anywhere. Thanks, Charla!
on April 13, 2010
Charla Krupps is the girlfriend you wish you had... adorable, informative, sharing all her secrets (yellow diamond ring my favorite). Too cute. Loads of information and helpful hints to make us all as fabulous as she looks!! Go Charla!
on January 3, 2008
This book not only shows how to dress your age, what kind of make-up is appropriate, and how to look younger, but it's simple tips can help any woman feel younger. It is a great book to read, has great advice, and the pictures simply show what is right, and what is wrong. BUY THIS BOOK!!
on January 11, 2008
This is by no means a bad book, and offers some useful tips for looking younger. But frankly, I was a bit put off that all the emphasis is on appearance. Doesn't aging gracefully come from within, rather than from a coterie of hair stylists and skin experts?

That said, some of the advice was quite helpful. There are an array of little tricks to look younger, and the author, who's been a regular on the Today Show, pulls her full arsenal out. There are many referrals to "experts" but if you live far from a major city - forget it. There are apparently no anti aging experts in Kansas City or North Dakota.

The book also demonstrates the advice given with a lot of photos of celebrities. Personally I would've preferred seeing regular people, I find it hard to relate to celebs, and I bet the average reader does, too.

This is a pretty interesting book overall. I've read several good aging books lately, especially liked Race You To The Fountain of Youth Race You to the Fountain of Youth: I'm Not Dead Yet (But parts of me are going fast) undoubtedly the funniest book on aging in the past year.

I also went back and reread Suzanne Summers' earliest book which still holds up, and may be better than her more recent efforts. Also Nora Ehpron covers this territory in fine fashion.

"How Not To Look Old" was certainly beneficial, and I'm not sorry I read it. Could it have been better in my opinion? Yes.
on June 17, 2008
I borrowed this book from the library and liked it so much that I just purchased it for my Kindle. Lots of great tips in here on the best way to wear makeup, suggestions on skin care, skirt lengths, etc. I'll be highlighting and referencing this for a while.
on July 24, 2013
I have enjoyed this book so much, and gotten so much good information from it that I decided to start giving them as gifts. I use the guide in the back for finding great salons and resources in different cities when I travel.
on March 14, 2008
This is a great reference book for the over 40 crowd. Lots of practical information and lots of good advice from someone who has tried all the beauty products so you don't have to.
on November 10, 2008
I read this book cover to cover in two days. I couldn't put it down. It was full of useful information. I had gotten comfortable with same "old" products, routine and dress. All I needed was a little tweaking which I got from the book.