Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: How to Play Keyboards: Everything You Need to Know to Play Keyboards
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 23, 2000
I was simply excited to read and play music using this book. I am an orthodox reader of any subject. I look for fundamentals as well as practice. The best feature of this book is that it covers both. You will learn playing the key board from the musical notations on staves. This is from your very first song itself! Lessons are simple (not verbose) and easy to directly play music. You need not have any prior knowledge of music (like me). I suggest this book for all those who are enthusiastic to make a jump start with keyboards and keep going to intermediate levels.
0Comment| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 1999
I would recommend this book to anyone who is just getting started with a keyboard, like myself. I was playing songs with cords and using both hands right from the start. I must add that, you can't be more of a beginner than me. Thank You Roger Evans and Amazon.com.
on October 3, 2001
This author has such a nice style in his writing. Every sentence puts you at ease and doesn't push to hard. This gives the feeling of patience as a teacher. You know, you only have to learn music once then you've got it so why pressure yourself. Evans' style is the kind I like. The book is small and simple but powerful in it's content. Great for keyboards, GREAT! I can't imagine anyone with a keyboard not getting something out of this book.
on September 24, 1998
This is a great book for starters. It does not assume you know anything (!) and helps you learn to play from absolute scratch. I would recommend it to young and old, to whoever wants to learn the basics of playing the keyboard.
on July 20, 1999
This book is practical. Instead of struggling with chords, it asks you to use the one-finger chords which are available in any modern keyboard. The approach is very straight forward. But all said and done, playing piano or the keyboard isn't all fun and easy. But this book is a good place to start practising. (which is the real thing)
on December 19, 2001
This is an amazing book for your loved ones...especially for a growing musican. It gives the basic methods of how to play a keyboard without much confusion or fustration. This book also inspires to play music and write the notes in our own way. I would recomend this book to anyone who is seeking to know how to play a keyboard.
on July 10, 2006
I am what you might call "musically challenged", but by slowly following the lessons in this book I have learned to play several simple tunes with chords and accompaniment. I'm having a ball. It's probably not for the serious music student, but if you want to learn keyboard and are starting from scratch, this is the book for you.
on July 23, 1998
This Book starts out great in the beginning taking you step by step and adding on courds and notes as you go along and master everything. Keyboarding looks easy, but it's not! I suggest you buy this book if you want to learn keyboarding in a easy but challenging way! :o)
on January 25, 2013
I purchased this book as a Christmas present for my 86 year old stepfather who was recently given an organ. He had never had any musical training of any kind and this, purchased along with the note stickers, has really helped him understand and enjoy his new musical skill. It's a very easy to understand book filled with a large number of songs to learn. He has really benefited from it and is improving daily.
on December 4, 2014
I know absolutely nothing about music and yet I decided to purchase a keyboard. I've just received this book and it's amazing how simple Mr. Evans makes understanding the keyboard sound. He starts out so incredibly basic and this book is exactly what I was hoping for. I feel confident if I follow his directions I will not only be able to play the keyboard, but I'll have a basic understanding of how to read music!

VERY pleased with this purchase!