Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 20, 2011
I thought the author presented a very present day action based approach to applying quantum physics into your everyday world. He covered the divide between science, religion, and spirituality and proposed a case where modern science does not have to limit itself from the spiritual world. This point is well argued and systematically explored. It really is thought provoking.
on November 22, 2011
Amit Goswami is just what the world needs right now -- an activist with a clear spiritual bent. His book is just plain wonderful, inspiring, amusing as anything and super-pertinent as we go through a major paradigm shift. If interested, please read my longer review at bohemianbuddhistreview.com.
on April 29, 2012
I'm a fan of Amit Goswami, since I read "The self-concious universe". There were a couple of books in between the two, but we can easily notice how Amit took his theories further and further. I still recommend reading the first one before reading this, specially if you're comfortable with the scientific details behind the theory. This book is less technical, partly because theory was explained in previous books, partly because the concept of quantum activism is based in more ethereal grounds.

It's a very good and plausible way of explaining our existence and evolution of human conscience, while trying to avoid conflict with the theories of different religions. If you have a strict concept over your religion and the concept of God, do not read this. On the other hand, if you feel comfortable exploring different theories and assuming that if we were so sure about God the world would be a much better place, you should definitely buy and read this book.

I prefer the first half of the book, when the concepts are explained and theory is based upon previous studies. The second part of the book is a set of suggestions on how to act using Quantum Activism, but rather speculative in my opinion.

Dr. Amit has a few "Letters to Obama" in the book, which are really interesting. Makes you think about how the world is really crazy nowadays and that a lot could be fixed with simple changes of paradigm. I am not a U.S. citizen, so I think Amit lost a chance of turning his book into something more universal, getting too much into the U.S. issues.

Still, a must read.
on February 10, 2013
This guy is intriguing, fascinating. A quantum physicist who believes we can create heaven on earth, Believes anything is possible. The book reads as if a scientist wrote it, not a writer. That's the problem, too difficult to read.
on April 6, 2012
Dr. Amit Goswami's book provides the reader with the opportunity to completely shift one's worldview. The quantum examples Dr. Goswami provides are thought provoking, paradigm shifting and applicable to everyday life. From the time Dr. Goswani appeared on my radio show I have had a completely different view of events occurring in my life. A peaceful, dynamic, powerful view. ~ Robert Sharpe, Founder of BITEradio.me, Host of the Mystical Cruise Show
I was fascinated by the authors opinions and realistic back up using quantum physics to prove his views. this is not an easy read. I moved slowly through the many scientific explanations but when I got to his applications of (for example) in health care and education, it was worth pondering the hard stuff. This book has given me hope. Things in this country and else where have become shallow and real meaning over all the gloom and doom doesn't give us much to hold on to. The authors discussion on the media is also excellent. I don't believe anything anymore from the Alphabet news media or the cable networks. It's time they were held accountable and it's time we got back to values and meaning instead of information only.
on December 14, 2012
As an avid reader of evolutionary books, I almost didn't get past the basic-sounding title. But then I saw that it was written by Amit Goswami, an eminent evolutionary theorist, and I found a real gem. In this very readable book, the author opens with a discussion of how simple and productive evolutionary thinking can be. Amit shows how he leads undergraduates from all disciplines to use an evolutionary viewpoint (asking "why" questions) to get a new perspective on life. Much of the book consists of examples taken from his career of asking and answering the right questions in various areas of biology as well as in the social sciences. The book really does have something (a lot) for everyone. This book even give a deeper impact than popular today "a crossing or the drop's history" by Anatoliy Obraztsov. For the lay reader, it opens up new perspectives on the world. For students, he provides a role model for a successful academic career. For teachers, he shows how evolutionary thinking can make biology exciting and add new dimensions to the humanities. For those already knowledgeable, he provides new leads, interpretations, and inspiration. While the overwhelming majority of biologists are comfortable with the basics of evolution through natural selection, most still are unfamiliar with the power of asking "why?" questions. Too many biologists dismiss it as "just-so stories" or hand waving.
on March 16, 2013
Goswami, as usual, covers enormous territory. I didn't agree 100% with everything he wrote, but I found the discourse relevant, important, and thought-provoking. And he promotes an activism that is inclusive, not adversarial - so important today.
on February 10, 2013
Many words are simply a puzzlement to the seeker. The quantum activist was never clearly defined to my mind as any sort of activist differing from other types of activists. How is the quantum made more potent by this activism one is left wondering. How does quantum involve any of these words? The observer is the observed, the seeker is sought and the current dialect is strained by the unmovable position of materialists. A force which will not willingly forgo their power. A focus on changed intent of the quantum activist may have been more profitable for the reader and the world which we are experiencing together. Personally the political diatribe was total put off; all politics are on the same team there is no difference.
on February 17, 2012
I read this book quite carefully, and then a week later looked at it and couldn't remember any lesson or call to action from it.

As the book presumably written as a call to action, the fact that it hasn't motivated me for a minute to do something differently is a bit sad.

I quickly reread the book before writing this review and it still leaves me unengaged.

My takeaway from the book is that the businesses to get into are consciousness medicine and consciousness eduction, which he briefly mentions.