5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book for the price!
Published on March 15, 2012 by Steve J

3.0 out of 5 stars Some benefit
I guess I had too high of expectations or misunderstood the book's purpose. It is quick read. I got one or two thoughts out of the read but most of what he said I already knew. When I bought the book, I was thinking there would be more detailed, purposeful approach to his information. This is extremely basic and offers some good advice to raw beginner.
Published 15 months ago by Bit Twiddler

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book for the price!, March 15, 2012
A very progressive book that allows the reader to get real, practical ways to quiet that racing inner dialogue which is so common nowadays in our fast paced society. The book mentions an interesting technique called "Binaural Beats" which is an amazing way to get your mind to a better place. I recommend this book for anyone who needs some help with trying to find some solace throughout the busy day.

5.0 out of 5 stars A quieter mind, March 9, 2012
I have never been one to enjoy meditation. I was not sure what to expect from this book; however, I learned that I already do some of the simpler tasks recommended in 'How to Quiet Your Mind,' which made me more willing to complete the book. I just began a new position at work and I stress about some aspects of it often. I will be sure to use this book as a reminder that it is possible to rid that stress and silence my mind. It describes simple tasks like breathing and walking and moves on to much more complex ideas to peace your mind. Great read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start, June 6, 2012
I thought this was a solid introduction to meditation. A few more details/examples would have been nice, but overall this was worth the purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some benefit, April 12, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A very practical approach, April 29, 2012
This is a short bit decently written little book; useful and accessible, it gives those new to the concept of meditation an excellent place to start.

Being a fairly experienced practitioner of Zen meditation, I found myself wishing that I had come across this little gem when at the start of my practice. It gives useful insights into relaxation and points the reader to the many ways of achieving it.

There are some 'typos' that, if addressed, would further benefit the writing, but not enough to interfere with the reader's comprehension and pleasure.

I would certainly recommend Allen's book to those considering starting on the path towards inner peace.

QUIET POWER: MEDITATION FOR THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing really new., December 10, 2013
Glenn (Perth, Australia) - See all my reviews
Nothing really new.
More an outline of the different meditative practices that are around the world.
For someone who has never meditated before it would be good as an introduction to what is out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Quiet Your Mind - Simple yet Powerful!, January 20, 2013
This book is fantastic for anyone new to meditation! Simple and easy to follow techniques are provided. It's great if you're a busy person as it's chunked down into bite size portions to focus on. A variety of meditations to choose and try and also a variety of schools suggested. I will be recommending this book to anyone I talk to who is new to quieting the mind. I have had many conversations in the past with people who have not experienced meditation and have only had more advanced books/tapes to suggest which can be off putting. People assume they aren't able to do it. So I think this easy to read guide is a perfect way to introduce and start those unfamiliar with and wanting to try meditation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Filled With Good Advice, July 8, 2012
As author of IN THE BEGINNING How to Meditate and Heal With Love Beginner Meditation Techniques (Luminous Being) and a meditation teacher, I really know what works in meditation. This book is filled with good, practical advice that beginners will find helpful.
There's a good overview of different positions, breathing, techniques and the different schools of meditation. There are also practical exercises that you can try for yourself easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, December 28, 2013
This book was very informative. Good for those who are practicing meditation. Would recommend for anyone interested in meditation practices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practicable, December 25, 2013
Like most people who look for readings on meditation, I was seeking guidance that could be applied, not a history of meditation or a summary of the attributes of different schools. Such a book proved difficult to find. Allen's book met the need. It is a good foundational book for people from a variety of backgrounds.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

How to Quiet Your Mind: Relax and Silence the Voice of Your Mind Today!
$8.99 $8.09