4.0 out of 5 stars The New Way to Market
Jan's book was very, very helpful to me in my own book launch. I did what he told me to do, and within 2 weeks went from 136 Linked In connections to almost 1000; I got a speaking engagement, 2 prospects, and several conversations with potential partners. And I haven't even finished contacting my new 'friends' who wrote me notes.

This book is an important...
Published on July 19, 2009 by Sharon Drew Morgen

3.0 out of 5 stars Good guide, overly repetitive
Published on September 10, 2009 by Business Reader

4.0 out of 5 stars The New Way to Market, July 19, 2009
This review is from: How to REALLY use LinkedIn (Paperback)

This book is an important addition to the field. Sure, it could have used a bit of editing. But the information is so powerful, so simple, so 'spot on' that I can easily overlook any imperfections. This is a must read for everyone who plans on using social networking for business.

Sharon Drew Morgen, author NYTimes Bestseller "Selling with Integrity"

3.0 out of 5 stars Good guide, overly repetitive, September 10, 2009
This review is from: How to REALLY use LinkedIn (Paperback)
Jan Vermeiren offers numerous good tips for more effectively using LinkedIn. I was disappointed that none of these tips seemed all that extraordinary, even for a relative new user like me. What disappointed me most were the "Advanced Strategies" for different scenarios. At least four times (almost verbatim) he repeats essentially the same strategies: join groups, increase recommendations, create alerts etc. I also agree with an earlier reviewer that Mr. Vermeiren needed a better editor to improve the book's readability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Advanced LinkedIn Book Todate, May 2, 2009
This review is from: How to REALLY use LinkedIn (Paperback)
I am a huge fan of LinkedIn and believe it is an awesome business tool. As a result, I devour every book published on the subject. Author Jan Vermeiren's new book goes to the top of my list of most useful books on LinkedIn.

As the author points out, his book is not intended to be a primer. It is purposely void of the step-by-step instructions on how to build one's profile. Instead the book is focused on ways that users can leverage the power of LinkedIn.

Although the focus of the book is advanced techniques, I was pleased to see that the author started with the fundamentals of effective networking or connecting. And, I loved that his fundamentals emphasized giving before receiving, a concept that I have long believed is critical to effective networking but is so often overlooked by so many.

I especially liked that the author has set up free tools for staying current with the rapid pace of change with LinkedIn.

Proof of the value of the book, at least for me, is that I got an implementable idea -- for a new group program I am launching -- directly from a recommendation made by the author. And, the idea is huge for my business.

Jan Vermeiren, I now owe you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tips for networking on LinkedIn, April 27, 2009
This review is from: How to REALLY use LinkedIn (Paperback)
This book is about what you would expect. It gives a good overview of the functions and how-to for LinkedIn if you are unexperienced, but then further gives strategies for experienced users to grow your connections. It has some good networking tips that would be useful not just on LinkedIn. It's pretty brief, I read the whole thing on a plane in about 4 hours, and you can kind of skim it and refer back to it as needed when you are sitting in front of your computer. Overall, I'd say it was worth the cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very important book, July 31, 2009
This review is from: How to REALLY use LinkedIn (Paperback)
[...] The author has done a very very good job with this book. I have used LinkedIn for several years and felt pretty competent with it, but this chap has identified so many tools and tips on using it I feel like a newby all over. Such tips as keeping up with one tool for all your social networks (Hellotxt), using LinkedIn as a steroid fueled people finder, job finder, to increase networking, locating new suppliers or partners, he pretty well covers them all. His comments on using Groups is worht the price of the book alone. I installed the LinkedIN Outlook toolbar and was amazed at the capabilities now in the tool, (especially good in keeping Outlook contact data up to date, goodby Plaxo!) The firefox toolbar also has some hidden gems wrto extracting contact info from websites. If you job/career requires maintaining a good network, this is a must read and implement book. Google finds information, LinkeIn finds people.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an essential book for LinkedIn users, March 6, 2009
This review is from: How to REALLY use LinkedIn (Paperback)
Many of my customers tell me they find LinkedIn confusing, complex and time-consuming. Thank goodness Jan has written this book, because I can let my clients have it safe in the knowledge that by reading it they will realize that LinkedIn is a highly effective tool for their business. Plus, they will see that LinkedIn is straightforward, easy to get on with and, when used well, time-efficient. Thankfully Jan's book guides people through the use of LinkedIn in such a friendly way they will be able to use it to truly enhance their business networking for great effect - and quickly. I have absolutely no doubt in recommending this book to my customers - indeed to anyone who uses LinkedIn!

5.0 out of 5 stars How to REALLY use LinkedIn, March 6, 2009
Katharina Mullen (Bruxelles, Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to REALLY use LinkedIn (Paperback)
"Thank you Jan for sharing your knowledge and insights on networking again. I have been on LinkedIn for a while, always realizing that I did not really USE it to its full potential. Now I know why and I know how to change that. "How to REALLY use LinkedIn" gives me the insight and the method to do better. And ... especially, it stimulates me to really act upon the eye openers provided, because the rewards are clearly specified and relevant. Powerful and empowering!"
Katharina Müllen, Transition Manager & Vitality Mentor, WinVitality [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for every professional!, March 6, 2009
Vincent De Waele (Brussels, Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to REALLY use LinkedIn (Paperback)
Great things come from simple and pragmatic methods and that is what Jan Vermeiren succeeded with his latest book. "How to REALLY use LinkedIn" will not only give you clear strategies to increase your network efficiency with the use of LinkedIn, but it will also tell you the real sense and purpose of networking. A must for every professional!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very insightful book with an excellent strategy, December 25, 2009
This review is from: How to REALLY use LinkedIn (Paperback)
This is a great book with lots of information for anyone. I thought that LinkedIn was only useful for people who were looking for a new job, but "How to REALLY Use LinkedIn" showed me that it is also a great tool for any professional. I also liked the strategy and the GAIN exercise a lot! The strategy and GAIN exercise helped me to understand how to benefit from using LinkedIn. Even if something will change in the future in the layout or some of the functionality I have now the fundamentals to have this website work for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bible of LinkedIn: another great book by Jan Vermairen, November 7, 2009
This review is from: How to REALLY use LinkedIn (Paperback)
If you are one of the many professionals and business owners who have a profile on LinkedIn then you already understand the importance of online networking in today's global marketplace.

Unfortunately, among those professional some of them create an account and put up a profile but then are not sure what to do next. They may not know the best way to go about making connections. They may do a bit of searching and then wonder what all of the buzz is about. Although getting a strong profile up is an important thing to do, it is only the first step.

For those who are unsure how to the best out the power of LinkedIn to build their brand, increase their network and reach their professional or business goals - this book is for you.

"How to Really use Linkedin" is a user-friendly guide to using one of the most powerful networking tools out there. In his down-to-earth, well-informed style, Jan Vermairein does a fantastic job of clarifying what LinkedIn really is -- and what it isn't. He takes you through all of the features and shows you how to make choices about how to make the tool work for you. He recommends getting clear on your goals so you can make decisions about how the tool can help you reach them. And he does a great job of reminding us that we need to follow the rules of networking and netiquette if we expect to become masterful with this tool.

What I like best about "How to Really use Linkedin" is that Jan clarifies that LinkedIn is just one of many tools in your toolbox - it's not a silverbullet. But it is a powerful tool that is underutilized by many....and as more features are added this may be even more true.

I strongly recommend this book for those who don't want to waste time trying to figure out LinkedIn's myriad of features on their own - Jan makes it simple and easy to get out there and start virtual connecting for professional and business success.

How to REALLY use LinkedIn
How to REALLY use LinkedIn by Jan Vermeiren (Paperback - March 4, 2009)
$19.95 $17.41
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.