Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on February 12, 2010
I had heard how helpful it is to "mine the Akash" but had no idea how to do it. When I came across Linda Howe's work, I was hopeful that I'd be able to follow her guidelines and use this resource for myself. Fast forward a few months, and I have developed a relationship with my Soul Self through the Records that has given me information for day to day challenges, has helped me heal long-standing painful relationships, has provided practical and detailed information for how to run my business, and has given me a way to help others.

Through a simple prayer pathway into the Records, you'll find yourself face to face with You, through the eyes of your Masters, Teachers and Loved Ones, and you'll love who you are.

I'm so grateful that Linda has taught us the "how" and that we have access to something we can, with a little practice, easily do for ourselves.
VINE VOICEon May 26, 2009
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As a hypnotherapist and shamanic teacher and student I had high hopes for the presentation of this material. In this New Age of techniques and energies coming into the planet, the myriad information about the Akashic Records can be confusing to novices and even veteran students. I went into this book excitedly seeking a different approach to the Records. While Howe clearly demonstrates her own experiences using the Records for herself and others, I remain unconvinced that this is a solid text for new Akashic students. Howe created an instructional CD based on this same material, so perhaps the book is more useful when paired with the CD.

Howe begins the book by sharing her personal experience, not only with the Akashic Records, but with the powerful spiritual awakenings she had along the way. From that wonderful voice I was very excited to read her account of the Records. The more I read, the more formulaic the writing became, thus her voice was not as prevalent, and the delivery of information became clinical. That change in voice influenced my connection to the material. Howe's understanding that clients must participate in their healing process is spot-on, as is her explanation of shifts of consciousness and emphasis on the need for grounding rituals entering into and departing from healing work. Her reliance on facets of the ritual being the exact same for everyone every time is more Piscean than I am accustomed. I respect that she is presenting a method as it has revealed itself to her, but relaying an artful modality as concrete can result in creating distance more than revealing opportunity. Ultimately that can only be discerned by individuals as they work with the material. I would like to have seen more writing dedicated to the Records, themselves, more examples of what is found in them and how that information can be used to enhance how one lives.

Howe's explanation of the Records is by far the most approachable one I've ever read and is beneficial for all readers; however, I do not recommend the book alone for beginners of trance work or of the Records, themselves.
44 comments| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2009
Linda Howe says that the work of the Akashic Records will "blow you away" and that is what my first experience with reading about and practicing The Pathway Prayer method for accessing the Akashic Records has done. Linda promises it will "blow away the misperceptions you have held about the world up to this point." She also says that if you want to feel loved and appreciated, access your Akashic Records - the record of your life force throughout eternity. When I followed her instructions outlined in her book that is exactly how I felt.

In the realm of light workers, Linda Howe is a leader and a master teacher. Her book will guide you expertly into the realm of your Akashic Records and also teach you how to read others Akashic Records.

It is easy to read and follow and an absolute joy to experience.

I highly recommend Linda Howe's book "How To Read the Askashic Records: Accessing the Archive of the Soul and Its Journey".
11 comment| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2009
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Before I read Linda's book, my research led me to believe that I could not access the Akashic Records for myself. That when doing so would yield a blank page. Or if one is able to access their record, there exist a possibility of a limited viewing. I have always been open minded to wait until the time is right, to see whether this belief that I had would hold up over the long haul.

I'm grateful that there is now a resource that provides us with an entry into the records. Linda has given me hope that I can access my own record as a source of guidance in my life when I need it.

I know that it's going to take some time for me to align my vibrations to match up with the higher vibrations of the Records, so that I can properly access them. In the mean time, I have felt some inkling of insight coming from the records as I meditate.

While the testimonials on the side pages are neat to read, I feel that they are not necessary. Too many profiteers have used them to sell goods and services over the years that they have become irrelevant.

Those of us who are ready, willing and able to access the Records using this book as a guide will do so. If this is you... give it everything that you have within you to get there. Let no one stand in your way in reaching the records and your evolution.

Blessings dear ones.
on December 1, 2010
I've studied with Sonia Choquette, and am Level 2 Certified. I am also a Certified Practitioner with Linda Howe, through a workshop I attended after reading this book. I have been taught Sonia's simplistic yet very effective method of entering the Akashic Records. I use Sonia's method, coupled with part of Linda's method, when I do professional readings. I write this saying that Linda Howe was the first to get so in depth about the records. I write this, saying, to explore all methods, and be sure to get an understanding of what is involved, by reading this book. Read this book with an open mind, open heart, and no ego. Do know that this isn't the only book you'll want to read, but this will start you in a direction.

Linda Howe enters the Akashic Records through a 12 stanza prayer, not easy to memorize. I like Linda's prayer, I can feel a consciousness shift, but I can't stand not memorizing something I'm supposed to, for one on one readings. Linda never says to memorize it, and I do memorize things, (phone numbers, etc...), but for some reason, the Akashic Record's prayer in this book, I always have to turn to the book or my typed paper to recite it. I don't find that professional or comfortable, so I use what I've easily memorized, with less wording. The Universe wants simplicity.

The first chapters give you a solid background, and knowledge. The next chapters go into properly accessing the records, and certain guidelines. Throughout the book, there are side lines quoted. That isn't needed, and diverted my attention. The sidelines reminded me of advertisements, for some reason. This part of the book goes into Akashic records on animals, plants, government, and public buildings.

The back chapters are devoted to healing in the Akashic Records, and doing readings for others. No where in the book is the third eye mentioned, neither are the devoted guides who do infact, have names. Masters, Teachers, Loved Ones are the only guides taught in this method. Linda teaches about them, without names. These differentials are vague, and there's probably billions of ways to enter the Akashic Records. But again, this book is worth the read if you have an open mind. If you want to do Akashic Records professionally, this is a good background book of techniques.
11 comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2009
How to read the Akashic Records. How to cook Italian. How to bake Bread. How to stain kitchen cabinets. How to grow gardens on a patio.

There is a whole genre of "how to" books out there. The books tell you how to do something, tell you again, then tell you a few more times.

How to read the Akashic Records was not what I expected, because the "how to" part is actually such a small section of the book. Most of the book is about self-discovery and the human experience.

The author makes a strong point that reading the Akashic Records is simple, but really listening to the information is not easy. The book gave me more homework than I bargained for, and I'm not saying that's a negative thing. But it sure ain't easy!
VINE VOICEon May 21, 2009
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I recommend this book, but being a long-time Theosophist I also have absolutely no doubts concerning the existance of the akashic field and its record keeping capacity. It is the basis and essence of all things in the material world; the smallest material element created from the astral world. Being essentially beyond time and space as we know it, it can provide access to virtually everything.

This book is a sincere attempt to access that field. The author points out that many of us have experienced connection with the akashic level at one time or another, but such contact is unpredictable and rarely repeatable. She gets beyond this by means of her Pathway Prayer Process. This method was revealed to her after a lifetime of searching (all of which has the ring of truth concerning spiritual breakthrough.) It is based on the concept that certain words, certain thoughts, have resonance with the higher planes. Indeed, how could any sincere prayer for the higher good steer you wrong? Besides, it came from the higher entities that look after our connections with such things in the cosmic hierarchy.

I had some surprising results reading this book before sleep. I suppose that whether or not anyone gets anything out of this method depends largely on whether or not they can "get out of their own way."
on May 20, 2009
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I like Linda Howe's "Akashic Records". Her introduction in the preface alone was so interesting to me. She tells of her journey to get to the Akashic Records. I found that fascinating. I wouldn't mind another book by Linda about her journey and details on her life in shamanism.

Back to this book though. Linda gives exercises on accessing the Records. She gives instructions on what to do, what not to do, and how to access them. It isn't a 1,2,3 and you are there kind of thing to access the Records. It takes focus, dedication and the right knowledge to be able to access them. I admit, I have not yet arrived, but I have found information from the Records myself. I have read other books about accessing the Records, but they aren't as clear as Linda's book on practical know-how to access them. Linda also includes further resources and an appendix with the Pathway Prayer Process and she includes a group guide at the back for gatherings.

I found Linda's book informative, fun and very understandable. I never felt she wrote above me at any time. She has a very casual style that feels like I have known her all my life and she is just talking to me. A great book!
VINE VOICEon September 28, 2010
I like the book - especially the prayer to "open" the Records. I wish there was more guidance. The process is presented in a casual manner. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to close my eyes while in the records or keep them open. Apparently either is OK but it's not mentioned.
I haven't had any real experiences yet but I realize it's an ongoing process. The more I do it, the more successful I'll be - I HOPE.
Perhaps I'm over thinking and rushing.
As I said - the prayer is absolutely lovely and I DO Believe the Records are there.
(p.s.If you don't believe in Reincarnation don't buy the book.)
on April 4, 2012
This books offers the opportunity for an authentic connection to divine light and love. The process is deceptively simple: at first you may notice very little (just a subtle "click" in your consciousness). However, if you push through any initial resistance and trust your subtle perceptions, you will find yourself forever changed by this new relationship to brilliant vibrations of compassionate guidance and healing. This work has deepened my spiritual life, replacing question marks with... "YES". Thank you Linda for sharing this remarkable work with the world!