5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Approach to Using the Powers of Your Mind
Published on October 6, 2009 by Phyllis S. from Brooklyn NY

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for Everyone
Published on February 7, 2011 by MoonGirl

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Approach to Using the Powers of Your Mind, October 6, 2009
Laura Day's work has been extremely important to me. I've exchanged a couple of emails with her over the years, attended a couple of her free workshops in New York City, but don't know her beyond that. Her books on intuition have been of great value to me, so much so that I rushed out to get her new book as soon as it was available and devoured it in one marathon reading session. It did not disappoint. And yet I am a little uncomfortable about posting a review here. Intuition is "woo-hoo" stuff right? I mean, it defies logic and the materialistic mindset a lot of us are raised with. I don't want to come off as gullible.

I am an empiricist, meaning I believe in evidence and science. I was initially attracted to reading Laura Day because a great scientist, James Watson, the co-discovered of DNA, praised her. I tried the exercises in her first book on developing intuition. I was astonished that I could do some of the stuff Ms. Day insists we all can do.

There was a moment after reading Laura Day's first book when my view of what was possible shifted. I wrote the name of an elderly aunt who lived in a distant state and who I had not seen for many years, on a piece of paper, folded it and at lunch gave it to a co-worker. I asked the co-worker to tell me something about the unknown person. I had not discussed my aunt at all at work--I was thinking about her only because I had just heard some bad news about her health. I had always had a distant but okay relationship with her, though I was uncomfortable about how stingy she had always been. Pathologically stingy in my view. That was my one issue with her. I carried some anger about her once, in her stinginess, doing something hurtful to my mother. My coworker who had no idea what the name on the paper was, closed her eyes and then burst out indignantly, "My God, is this person cheap!" I kind of think my coworker accessed information not so much about my aunt as my view of her, but she had no way of finding that information other than intuitively. What are the odds of this being a coincidence? Using Laura Day's exercises I've had similar hard to explain experiences many times over the years, and have been able to use my own intuition in concretely helpful ways. I have to say with hindsight I see now it could have been more helpful if I'd been willing to trust it more.

I don't know how it works but I believe intuition exists. I have used it and it has been of help to me, and I really owe Laura Day for that. This book expands on her previous work, delves into powers of the mind beyond intuition, and I am eager to read it again--slowly this time--and try the exercises. Ms. Day writes in an engaging, accessible style and this book is an enjoyable read. If you actually use this book and experiment with the exercises, I believe it can have a real impact on your life and help you access an aspect of your own mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden Key to Unlocking Your Own Keys To Life, October 18, 2009
This book covers a full range of intuitive practices: Mediumship, Telepathy, Body Heat Telepathy,Remote Viewing,Precognition, and my favorite chapter: Healing. If you were only going to have one book on developing intuition, I would say This Is It. For two main reasons:
1. the instruction is so thorough, without being overwhelming (this is a blessedly organized teacher/author) that you actually get to practice the skills instead of just reading interesting stuff. Motivating!.
2. the real jewel of the book: you get Day's illuminated thinking process. Her experience as a teacher and focused writer really shows here, she holds the students hand page after page and gives solid, invaluable thinking to approaching intuitive work and life.

Like somebody said: knowing the question to ask is more important the answer. Ultimately this is a life guidebook as well as an intuition tutorial. She really covers the 'what if's' and gets you onto safe ground to know your own system and carry forward on your own, I can't say I have really felt this supported reading ...um...anything!
Some of the great stuff in the book:
~A top ten "ways we get in our way" list . My two faves there are: not applying the exercise to real goals in your life, and looking for immediate feedback/validation on the readings you do.
~ Bedtime/Sleep Telepathy: Day points out that we are all getting and receiving messages whether or not we realize it, and addresses it
~the Healing Chapter -it's what you would think plus: how to reclaim lost parts of yourself, bringing harmony to body, life, relationship, or a company

Each skill has an extensive and enlightening list of applications.
Want to change yourself in the past, or evaluate a stock, or know how people see themselves to best communicate with them? Try Mediumship.
Want to view your competitors products or strategies, or locate a missing object? Hit the Remote Viewing chapter
Need to convince an opponent to come around to or idea or rid yourself of subconscious sabotage? Go to Telepathy

Laura Day does heart-mending work. Her earlier books are wonderful (The Circle, Welcome to our Crisis especially). This book is even more: a blockbuster treasure chest of tools to get you through life's twists and turns. I look forward to re-reading and digging deeper through this pot of gold.

I feel the author has left me with the best life-guide one could hope for: myself.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for Everyone, February 7, 2011
I was excited for this book because of Laura Day's popularity. I'm a 22 year old artist. I'm not trying to control the minds of my business associates, as Laura Day generously "explains" how to do. I LOVE honing my intuition and psychic abilities-- that's what I expected and didn't receive from this book. It seems to me that she intends her audience to be completely uneducated in the subject matter, and at the same time, she gives no solid explanation of how to gain/practice the skills she outlines. She just praises what these skills can do for you. It's "lots of chatter, no substance" as another reviewer said. She didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know/ believe. I will definitely be selling my copy. I strongly recommend Sonia Choquette, whose books on psychic abilities have greatly enriched me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use Your Intuition and Buy the Book!, October 7, 2009
Although my skills at using my intuition are already pretty sharp, I felt I could use a boost and bought How to Rule the World from Your Couch, by Laura Day. I was already familiar with Day from another book and a workshop I took several years ago and have always been very impressed with her work.

For those of you not familiar with the concept of intuition, you are in for a treat! When you learn how to act on your intuition, you learn to trust yourself. Living your life using your intuition is both empowering and liberating! Intuition is the "sixth sense."

This book did not disappoint. I enjoy her writing style very much--she's concise, articulate, funny and friendly.

Day begins the book: "How to Rule the World from Your Couch is meant to inspire you to be fully aware, conscious, active, dynamic and alive in every single moment of your life."

She urges the reader to become their own expert...that enough experts can change the world.

Day writes: "Everything you learn in this book will make your decisions better, your relationships stronger, your actions more effective, and your life easier."

I read the book quickly, but not so fast that I missed how wonderful and on the mark it is. Jammed packed with great exercises to improve ones intuition, I will be re-reading it shortly to do the exercises.

I like that the book provides a systematic method to help develop intuition. Anyone following the advice in the book should find it pretty easy to improve one's power of intuition.

Highly recommend!

By the author of HARMONIOUS ENVIRONMENT and SELL YOUR HOME FAST IN A BUYER'S MARKET.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've Seen It Work With My Own Eyes, October 23, 2009
The training that you will receive from Laura's most recent work will absolutely blow your mind. I have seen and experienced first hand how this material can change your life and help you gain accurate insight into whatever subject that you wish to explore. At her workshops the people who have studied with her over the years are so talented that you will truly be amazed that the skill of intuition can be attained simply by following Laura's instructions.The readings by some of these students of hers were extremely accurate and insightful and proof that by following the principles outlined in her new book that anyone can learn and apply intuition in their life and use it to acheive their goals."HOW TO RULE THE WORLD FROM YOUR COUCH" is Laura Day's best work yet mostly because as a teacher she has perfected her methods over the years and applied those techniques to the readings that she does for her clients and the teachings she does at workshops all over the country.BUY IT NOW,and we might do readings together some day. I do them all the time and I had no clue when I began that it would be so helpful and easy to learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laura Day just keeps getting better, October 18, 2009
I know we are all intuitive. And unfortunately, new agers have mystified it with talk of 'spirit', and presenting being psychic as if it's something hokey or spiritual. You don't have to be spiritual to be intuitive; or, you can be as spiritual as you want, and have the need to really learn how to direct your intuition. The military uses remote viewing. These skills are no secret, but because of their presentation with certain famous psychics, we've experienced intuition as something that may clash with our spiritual beliefs. Laura Day demystifies intuition. She presents it in the way it exists, a natural mode of living. Even better, she explains how to understand it when it's happening, and precisely how to direct it and use it for everyday living, and as tool to create the lives we are meant to have. I bought this book because her books The Circle and Welcome to Your Crisis are profoundly changing my life. I can't get enough of Laura Day's teachings. Buy the book. I can't imagine anyone would regret holding this information in their hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Last Book You'll Ever Need on Intuition, October 15, 2009
How many authors in this genre state that their desire is to make themselves obsolete? Well, okay maybe one or two, but Laura Day is probably one of the few who can actually deliver on that promise.

I've read many of Laura's books and have had the pleasure of participating in some of her classes and one of the things about Laura that comes through loud and clear is that she is the real deal. No muss, no fuss, no mumbo jumbo. The most empowering message of Laura's work is that intuition is not a "gift" per se, it's a skill and an awareness that all of us have and few of us cultivate, nurture, and purposefully channel. You don't have to Ommmmm for hours, swear off meat or know your higher purpose in life to start developing, using, and benefiting from your intuitive skills today. This doesn't mean you can't and won't become more spiritually attuned through your intuition, but it does mean it's not a necessary precursor to being an intuitive. Using your newly honed intuitive powers for the greater good is your responsibility and choice.

In this book, Laura provides concrete explanations of different types of intuitive skills and clear exercises for helping you develop each type. I haven't done all of the exercises yet but can attest to the power and usefulness of her telepathy and mediumship exercises as I experienced them within the context of her class as well as within situations in my own life.

Laura makes it all clear and easily understandable. What's harder is actually making the commitment to doing all of the exercises and documenting your intuitive "hits" so you can see for yourself just how accurate you are.

I've read a fair amount in this genre and this book is one of the best. Highly recommend to those who are looking for clear guidance and instruction on how to use your intuition to improve your everyday life. And the best thing is that you don't even have to get off of your couch to order it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and Life-changing, October 17, 2009
An amazing coach, writer and teacher, Laura Day does it again and continues to break ground with her newest book "How to Rule the World from Your Couch." The step-by-step process is simple and profound--and teaches each of us to fully harness our power and consciously create our lives on a daily basis. I did one of the evening exercises and was thrilled at results that came through within hours of sleep. I am amazed and humbled at how much there is to learn about our innate ability to fully influence the outcomes of our day-to-day living.

As I put into practice what I learn from Laura Day, I am breathless as I feel and see events unfold as I want them to. I fully recommend reading, studying and putting into practice all there is to learn in "How to Rule the World from Your Couch." Laura has a sense of humor and a prolific writing style. Read, savor, learn and change your life. You'll be thrilled you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will rock your world in best possible way, October 6, 2009
Laura Day has the gift of communicating to readers like she is in the room with them - the message feels that personalized. And this book is one that can really help you gain control of your destiny not from a therapist couch but your own! Its message is simple yet profound and life-changing.

Sherry Amatenstein, LMSW

5.0 out of 5 stars Developing intuitive muscles that you did not know you have, December 19, 2009
I am more inclined to shout: For the love of Lord buy this book and use it! Now!
But I will use self-control and say it works!
It is measurable change in you and events that you did not think you had any effect whatsoever!
(no koolaid or foofy exercises involved)

How to Rule the World from Your Couch
How to Rule the World from Your Couch by Laura Day (Paperback - September 28, 2010)
$15.00 $6.00