Your Garage Amazon Fashion Learn more Summer Reading Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on January 26, 2012
This is a desktop book that every salesman and sales manager needs to have. It is extremely clear, concise and well written. Each chapter is a treasure trove of useful nuggets. He covers the bases:

How to Craft an Elevator Pitch
Move a Lead to a Prospect
Develop B2B Campaigns
Close a B2B Deal
and more

He built this book through countless interviews with sales giants like Tom Sant, Wendy Weiss, Linda Richardson, Keith Eades, Jeff Thull, Keith Rosen, Joanne Black, Jeffrey Gitomer and others. As a regular contributor to Selling Power and other publications, the author really knows what works. Buy, read and review.
Salespeople learn differently from the rest of us. They don't want fluff, B.S., or yet another book that describes what worked for some author when they sold fax machines to Woolworth's. What salespeople do want is straight talk about the tools, the strategies, and the tactics that will help them do one, and only one, very important thing: win business.

Here's the good news: Geoffrey James, the best writer in the B2B sales, has gathered compelling, relevant, and thoroughly field-tested content from the experts in fifteen critical B2B selling areas and served them up for you in a powerful, organized, and deliciously consumable way. If you're in sales or sales management you're going to LOVE this book.
on December 29, 2011
When Geoffrey was writing Sales Machine, it was one of only 3 blogs of which I read every post. When I saw that he was writing a book, I bought it pre-sale...and I'm glad that I did.

Geoffrey does an excellent job of taking conceptual ideas, removing the BS, & giving advice that's easy to use. The neat thing about his sales suggestions are that they are provided down to the script level. I particularly suggest that you use it to help craft your sales message, elevator pitch and cold calling/voicemail scripts. These are all never too good to refine and Geoffrey's suggestions are spot on.

I particularly like the fact that the content of this book has been cultivated so deeply from years in research, reading and interviewing the top minds in selling. The additional resources he offers make up wonderful next steps for after you finish this book.

Whether you are new to selling or working to sharpen your skills, I'm confident that you'll find practical, usable value in this book.
on January 8, 2012
Having come from a service background and asked to step into a sales managers role, I spent a long time reading many different books on the subject in order to increase my knowledge fast and quickly found myself overwhelmed with ideas..

I became a fan of Geoffrey James's sales blog on bnet which was very useful, informative and creative. I then bought this book and found the most useful & easy to understand exercises.

I had struggled for a long time trying to create a story which would interest prospects and it was only after reading this book and asking Geoffrey for help that I achieved a workable story. Great book, easy to understand and very user friendly.

I would recommend it to both seasoned sales pro's and people new to sales.
on February 15, 2012
A must read and required reading for all sales professionals.

Every day we are selling, whether it be to look for the next job or improve our careers.

How to say it: Business to Business Selling offers valuable advice for all levels of Sales.

Geoffrey James cuts through the mystery of the sales process with a clear message of understanding that can be applied in all areas of business.

There is no better recommendation for selling today than Business to Business Selling.
on January 27, 2012
This is a great book. Very honest and full of practical information. I've been selling for 20+ years, and found this to be a welcome change of pace. Gets to attitude, sales process, personal motivation, and other critical topics written in easy to read style. Like having a sales coach sitting next to you.
on February 10, 2012
I admit to being a fan of James, having first read his blogs on BNET a few years ago. Those blogs were entertaining and informative. Having been in the BTB sales world for 30 years, I find his new book refreshing simple and useful in analyzing and teaching in all phases of the sales cycle. His improvement tips offer quantifiable gains and and that can be readily implemented.
on September 1, 2012
I have written several new cold call scripts with the help of this book. I especially like the tip to drop the business jargon and make clear descriptions of what is being offered.
on November 22, 2012
We may be great, our company may be, our product and service may be ... but in the beginning, when we sales people are trying to persuade people to talk with us and try us, we have nothing except . . . . . words.

Geoffrey does a brilliant job of explaining the structure of word building and then sharing excellent examples along the way. It is a very logical approach to building an arsenal of great words along with the reasons and rational as to why.
on December 19, 2011
I could hardly wait for this book to become available as I had been a fan of Geoffrey James' Sales Machine blog for about a year and I knew from the blog articles that this would be an awesome book.

I wasn't disapointed. I have been involved in retail selling for most of my career, but switched to a B2B position a few years ago. It's a very different world of selling and I wish I had been able to read this book then!

Mr. James writes in a clear and concise style. I found the chapters easy to ready and felt like they were just long enough to get the point across and each chapter gave me something I could retain and put to use.

The book is a very good value and I know that I will recover the cost many times over from the tips I have picked up. Thanks for writing a great book!