4.0 out of 5 stars The best R&B soundtrack since "Waiting to Exhale"
Producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis have not only fashioned the perfect soundtrack for a steamy love story set in Jamaica, but they've also given us all the perfect mood-setting CD...the uptempo numbers beg to be played at your next party, and the ballads make you want to plan your next candlelit dinner for two. On the party side, Stevie Wonder and Wyclef Jean serve...
Published on August 19, 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars Honestly...... (3 Stars)
It misses more than it hits (6 out of 14 songs are good). There are some terrible songs on this album, but there quite a few songs on this album that are actually very tight tracks. "Beautiful" is a vintage Mary J Blige track. Though she has a bunch of albums, this is probably one of my most favorite songs from her. And then there is the appearance of Soul II Soul on...
Published on October 21, 2004 by Norfeest

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!, September 23, 2001
This review is from: How Stella Got Her Groove Back Soundtrack: Music From The Motion Picture (Audio CD)
What can I say? Great soundtrack to a great movie. Full of reggae, ballads, and go old R&B. Wonderful! A great compliment to the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soundtrack, April 7, 2008
licispicis "licispicis" (Columbia, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This is a smooth mix of island vibes with sexy sounds. If you liked the Love Jones soundtrack, you'll enjoy this one too.

3.0 out of 5 stars I wasn't thrilled, July 2, 2003
Shanon Rogers (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
After watching the movie and hearing the great music they used I was so looking forward to seeing what the soundtrack was like. I didn't recognize hardly any of the music though! I had been looking for the great tracks like Angela and Tae's sensual dance that started it all, the song that was sung at the funeral and I didn't find any of it. Can anyone help me find the artists and titles to those two songs so that maybe I can track them down on singles? Any help would be much appreciated!

4.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing! Rejuvenating!...Just GREAT selection!, February 23, 1999
By A Customer
Sets the right mood! It's time to take a vacation! And this CD is coming with me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tropical Paradise, June 12, 2006
Well if your like me who enjoys the actual music from the movie, you will love this CD. When I listen to the songs, it's not so much for the music as it is the memory of the part of the movie it relates to and me wishing I was actually a part of it. I enjoyed almost all of the songs but they do all remind me of some seductive parts to the movie that I thought was wonderfully made.

4.0 out of 5 stars MUSIC FAN, September 16, 2000
I DON'T KNOW WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE IS TALKING ABOUT, I THINK THIS IS A NICE ALBUM. SOME OF THE SONG AREN'T ALL THAT BUT MOST OF THEM ARE WORTH LISTENING TO. I DON'T LIKE SOME OF THE HIP HOP, BUT BEAUTIFUL BY MARY J WAS DEFINETLY BEAUTIFUL, AND ESPECIALLY DIANE KING BUT ANYWAYS THE SONGS WENT PERFECTLY WITH THE MOVIE. MUCH PROPS TO ANGELA, JUST ANOTHA FAN....RAADIYA

4.0 out of 5 stars very smooth sound..., August 14, 1998
By A Customer
Enjoyed the sound, and the mix of artists! Can't wait to see the movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular!!1, August 23, 1998
By A Customer
I have been groovin' since I purchased this soundtrack!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love music, August 25, 2014
One of my favorite movies. Love the soundtrack.

3.0 out of 5 stars To: A music fan from Ohio United States, May 14, 2003
"indylindyk" (Independence, KS) - See all my reviews
The name of the song that Stella danced to & Whoopi listened to in the hospital room is "Got to Give It Up" by Marvin Gaye. Hope this helps!