4.0 out of 5 stars Leading to Growth, One Level at a Time
Published 21 months ago by Jeremy Abel

3.0 out of 5 stars Size does matter.
The content of the book was good. I was disappointed in the size of the book. The description doesn't give measurements and I was expecting it to be the standard 6 x 9 book. We ordered a case to give as gifts and when we received them, they were much smaller than expected 4.5 x 6.5.

Other than that, the price was good and we received them in a few days.
Published 11 months ago by Lisa Skinner

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Leading to Growth, One Level at a Time, May 27, 2013
In the classic John Maxwell fashion, this book teaches us how to become the very best type of leader that we can be, but also describes how we can bring others along with us on that journey. In the end, true leaders create leaders all around them- and that is the crux of this book. But before improving the leadership skills of others we must first take a good long look at ourselves and where we stand within the 5 levels of leadership, as outlined at the beginning of this book. From there, we can use these tips and strategies to advance our leadership skills and become more empowering with each lesson from each day.

Maxwell describes 5 levels of leadership- beginning with Positional leadership at the most basic level and leading up to Permission, Production, People Development, and finally Pinnacle. Throughout the book the author provides an archtype of each level of leadership, which helps us draw on examples from our own personal and professional lives. Within each section we get an overview of the characteristics of the leader of that level, along with the opportunities and potential pitfalls of being at that particular level.

Similar to many of John Maxwell's previous works, "How Successful People Lead" is written in a straightforward, easy-to-read manner. It's short length makes for an easy read in a single sitting- but do not be mislead: this is not a book you simply read once and leave on your Kindle- no not at all. Rather, the wise leaders will use this book as a compass that helps navigate themselves and their team through each level of leadership until they have reached the status as a Pinnacle leader (Level 5), and- more importantly- have created a group of Pinnacle leaders around them.

Maxwell shares an incredible wealth of knowledge, steps, and actions needed to make any person a profound leader in their organization, yet leaves the door open for readers to take his advice and put it to practical use. This is quite common in Maxwell's writings, but it is actually quite helpful because the general principles provide a unique opportunity for readers to apply the lessons to their own situations.

No matter what level of leadership you most relate with, this book is bound to strike a chord with all leaders!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for anyone leading others!!!, February 3, 2014
I should have read this book years ago when I was a middle level manager at P&G. It is even more important as I'm building my MLM team with Advocare. I love the practical applications in each chapter and will use them daily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic for every leader out there, March 24, 2014
This review is from: How Successful People Lead: Taking Your Influence to the Next Level (Hardcover)
How Successful People Lead is another work derived from a bigger book, in this case The 5 Levels of Leadership that its 304 pages long, while this one is just 160.

If you have read other reviews you know I love systematic books, in the sense that the more the book is structured the more it becomes understandable to me, and this one is no exception. Maxwell starts with glimpses of the whole content to give a better look at what’s coming next. Afterwards each chapter explains different perspectives from the five levels of leadership:

Position
Permission
Production
People Development
Pinnacle

If you are part of a big company or you’re working on a small business this book can help you, not only to know the current level where you’re at, but also to equip you with the necessary tools and information to climb to the next one. One of the things I really liked it’s that no matter the ‘size’ of your leadership, you’ll feel identified with the characteristics and situations presented by Maxwell.

Finally, I felt this book it’s not only about your personal development as a leader for your own satisfaction, but it’s more about your personal responsibility as a leader to achieve greater things on behalf of those under your leadership.

I received this book for free from Hachette Book Group for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful ideas taken from the author's most requested speaking topic that he has presented to Fortune 100 companies., September 24, 2013
Heard HOW SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE LEAD: TAKING YOUR INFLUENCE TO THE NEXT LEVEL (Hachette Audio), written by John C. Maxwell and read by Chris Sorenson.

Though this is a short book, it is packed with powerful ideas taken from the author's most requested speaking topic that he has presented to FORTUNE 100 companies and leaders around the world.

To cite just a few of them:

* Titles are not enough. They are ultimately empty.

* People not positions are a leader's most valuable asset. It takes no time to let others know that you value them.

* If somebody on your team can do a task as well or better than you can, give him or her responsibility for it.

* Helping others grow and develop brings great joy to any leader.

* Helping others develop their potential enables leaders to become world class.

* If you've become successful, it's only because a lot of people have helped you along the way.

I've enjoyed several other books by Maxwell with respect to leadership. This is up there as being one of his best.

5.0 out of 5 stars once again Maxwell shows why he is the best, July 6, 2013
Ive been reading John Maxwell books now for the last 20 yrs. and i can say without a doubt He is the best in writing about leadership. His latest abridged book " How successful people lead" is a quick read that touches on all the levels of leadership that a leader will experience on his or her way up the ladder. Each chapter is full of great advice for you no matter what level you are at in your career.There is a lot of leadership books on the shelves today, but you won't find any in my opinion that are as good as anything John Maxwell has written. I have never met Mr. Maxwell but he is a mentor of mine thru His writing. God Bless You John and Thank You.

3.0 out of 5 stars Size does matter., March 10, 2014

Other than that, the price was good and we received them in a few days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 2, 2014
Love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great building on the 5 levels, June 15, 2014
I really enjoyed further discussion about the 5 levels. Gained a
to more insight into the leadership path. Another great book by Maxwell!

4.0 out of 5 stars We are leading the nation now, March 10, 2014
A very profound book, that will help the reader see and go beyond their current leadership role. Timely and a good read for any age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book was a good Read, January 14, 2014
Was very insightful and puts things in perspective for any leader. It is a must read for anyone working to be more successful.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

How Successful People Lead: Taking Your Influence to the Next Level
How Successful People Lead: Taking Your Influence to the Next Level by John C. Maxwell (Hardcover - May 21, 2013)
$10.00 $9.00