Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 2, 2012
This fun, compact book is full of practical style advice. It is a no-nonsense guide to being (as the title says) chic and elegant straight from a French woman. I found the author through her charming YouTube videos and instantly liked her savvy approach to elegance. She does have very strong opinions about style and has no trouble telling you what she approves of and doesn't approve of (which is, in itself, so French- j'adore!) Reading this book is like having a conversation with a stylish woman whose secrets you've always wanted to learn. Written with humor and panache!
on December 23, 2013
Get the Kindle edition so you can click and visit the many web sites listed as references. I zoomed through this and am now going back to savor it like the best French bon bons. Have pen and paper handy when reading this book. I am a 65 year old U.S.-born woman and this book helped me. Some things were reminders and others were an ah-ha moment. Am now looking for sweet almond oil. Read the book to find out why.
on February 1, 2012
All right, so quite many things mentioned in this book will seem obvious or be well known already to a lot of readers. I guess.
But it's a very good summary to safe, lasting choices, and sound advice.
I already read "The little black book of style" and I didn't think they overlapped - both were interesting and brought good tips, which is what I wanted from this book.
I'm a native French speaker and I thought the short quotes in French were hilarious - very "prim little lady" but to the point. (You're safe using them in public).
on April 26, 2012
I found How to be Chic and Elegant a very useful/helpful read. I enjoyed Marie-Anne Lecoeur's humor and her common sense. The two areas that I found most insigntful was to buy quality over quantity (as I am a big bargin shopper and really need to work in this area) and less is more on accessories. I highly recommend this book if you are struggling with fashion issues.
on November 25, 2013
I like that this book reads easily and to the point. There wasn't a lot of fluff and filler. The advice is good and somewhat timeless. I could easily skip over the parts that didn't apply to me such as hair coloring and go to the ones that I needed. I read it in its entirety first but I will g back and highlight the parts of particular interest to me. Great read.
on July 4, 2012
If you want to present yourself as chic and elegant, this is a good little book to have with you. I'm following a lot of it already, but it's a strict reminder to never leave the house without looking your best. The hair and makeup tips were rather generic, but overall, it's a worthwhile read and something you'll go back to over and over.
on January 20, 2012
This book is deceptively simple. If you've read anything at all in the french chic genre, online or in books, articles in magazines, this is familiar territory. The value lies in the way the author has put together a stripped down guide to chic and elegant presentation, the French way. From clothing to makeup, hair and skin care she covers it all.

She has a good table of contents that are linked for easy access. And the information while very brief is very very good. I originally gave this a lower review, thinking it was overpriced. What I overlooked was the clean, fluff free point by point course in how a French woman puts herself together.

I've had time to regret my original review, and come to appreciate this book for what it is. I don't think any other book can replace it, and it's become a favourite on my kindle bookshelf. I highly recommend it. I apologize for my earlier less favourable review. This book is worth 5 stars and probably worth a lot more than I paid for it.
on May 14, 2012
A book that I will refer to again and again. Great tips on how to look stylish and elegant without breaking the bank. The sense of humor throughout is an added bonus.
on December 17, 2012
I tell young people, "How you dress tells the world how you feel about yourself & how you feel about the rest of the world; do with this information what you will, but you cannot deny that this is an irrefutable fact." Specific and concise, this short book gives excellent & timeless advice on what items to wear to present a chic and elegant And Beautiful appearance, a look that will make you appear that you respect yourself & feel good about yourself, a look that shows you have respect for other people & the events you attend, and a look that inspires others to have confidence in you & your choices, as well as inspiring others to have respect for you. Also gives advice on the most flattering shapes for different body types. One of the two best books on fashion I've ever read, the other being "Dress Your Best" by Kelly & London. Makes getting dressed every day simple & fun, and an uplifting experience: you know that you will always look beautiful and appropriate no matter where you go. Very highly recommended for all women, both young & old.
on June 23, 2014
much better than 'Tidy closet'. This book again is good if you are total mess. If you have common sense and use your good judgement when shopping you do not need this. I would say it is not just French, but European approach to dressing.