5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand
Published on May 13, 2012 by John F. Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Elegant, but lacks some progressions skills
This inexpensive small book contains easy to read (and understand) instructions. The author progressively takes you from standard push-ups to a free-standing handstand and beyond. The black & white photos may not be of the highest studio quality, but they do give you a reasonably visual guide of body position and form.

I would have liked Patrick Barrett to...
Published on December 31, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand, May 13, 2012
This review is from: How To Do A Handstand: From The Basic Exercises To The Free Standing Handstand Pushup (Paperback)
I really liked the way the Author broke down the handstand. I started using his techniques as soon as I received this book and now I can do a free standing handstand. The philosophy of thinking about standing up on your feet really helped when you start lean back or forward in to the wall. I'm now working on free standing handstand pushups, thank you for a simple but effective method for the handstand. For the price you can't beat this information!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Learned How To Do A Handstand, May 21, 2012
Cogger (Denver, CO) - See all my reviews
This is a great book that goes into the easily over-looked details on how to progress from a basic wall-assisted handstand to a free standing hand stand push-up. Hand stand walking is thrown in there for fun as well. The author did a great job explaining the concepts of each progression. The images alone are great references. Whether you are doing handstands for crossfit, to let your inner child out, or just a fun bbq party trick, this book will give the simple progressions to get there.

I have only had it a short time and already gained the confidence to get off the wall as well as take my first hand-stand walking steps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Held a handstand for 10seconds, January 26, 2013
The heading might seem unimpressive but it's like an 8second improvement to my previous free handstand hold. The tips are really helping me with technique, in terms of approach and small tweaks to technique. I'm confident I'll be able to hold a 30second handstand soon, with the freestyle handstand push up my ultimate goal. I would buy this book again, thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, October 15, 2012
Bought on a whim. Really easy to get started. Never realized I would be able to do handstands! I've been practicing off and on for a few weeks and am almost ready to do them without a wall...

3.0 out of 5 stars Elegant, but lacks some progressions skills, December 31, 2012

I would have liked Patrick Barrett to cover more progressions (a.k.a. lead-up skills) and to cover Shoulder and Back flexibility in more detail (as Logan Christopher's "Secrets of the Handstand" does).

Although a bit lean, this well presented book does contain enough information to allow you to work your way to a free-standing handstand.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can feel the progress, March 26, 2013
I always wanted to be able to hold a handstand, but I'm on the bigger side so I thought it might be a little bit of a challenge. The progressions and pictures in this book make it much more attainable. I haven't been working with it too long but I'm totally comfortable in a wall handstand and I'm getting closer to a free handstand every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool exercise, March 25, 2013
The balance and control you have to have in a handstand always appealed to me. This book is teaching me how to get that balance and control and I'm really enjoying it. I feel like I'm getting stronger in my shoulders and my hands and I can already do a handstand for a second or two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Handstand Training Book, January 23, 2013
I wanted to learn how to do a handstand, and this book taught me everything I needed to know. What else is there to say? Good progressions starting from the very beginning, pictures and descriptions showed me exactly what to do. I was up in a handstand a lot sooner than I expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars How to get hands tand, October 8, 2012
I am very pleased to use this book for very easy way to get handstand. Who are interested to do Ashtanga Yoga for them handstand is most important I recommended this book is very helpful to filful their goal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Direct Path to Handstand Mastery, March 1, 2013
There are few that has mastery of a handstand let alone it's variants like handstand pushups or walking on one's hands. This short, concise book gives you the steps towards such mastery. Not for those who aren't fit to begin with....can't make silk out of a sow's ear as they say!

$7.86 $7.07