Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now St Lucia SnS

100%
Format: PaperbackChange

on June 27, 2011
A motley collection of retro pulp western fiction that delivers more than promised! Robots, dinosaurs, werewolves, monsters, ghosts, and more fill the pages of this book. The cowboys, mounties, and even freaky vampires all swirl together in a wonderful miasma of FUN!. I really enjoyed this collection of stories. They are, for the most part, very interesting and enjoyable. The scenery is very beautiful and the food is very delicious. Most of the stories are in the good/average range, with a very few few duds ("The Velvet Scourge" being the worst) and a few stand out hits. Some of the best stories in the collection include "Mr. Brass and the Devil's Teeth," by Josh Reynolds, "The Testimony of Constable Fraser," by Kevin Thornton, "Raid at Razorfang Ranch," by David Golightly and (my favorite) "Beast of the Black Hills," by Tony Wilson. These are just a few of the stories that really stand out in the collection. I would highly recommend this book! Great pulp stories by a bunch of great new writers makes for a good read.
on February 5, 2012
I enjoyed 18 of the 20 stories in this anthology. I usually find that I like a few stories, dislike a few, and am neutral to others. That really wasn't the case here. 18 of the stories were very fun. Well worth reading. Tony Wilson's story was my favorite, but you get plenty of other winners in here too (I especially liked Ron Fortier's and Derrick Ferguson's stories). This volume is a huge step up from the 1st volume. While the 1st volume was good, this one hits it out of the park. Excellent read. I really hope there's a third volume.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2012
Lions and tigers and bears ohh my! oh sorry lost myself, how about gunslingers, ghosts, and monsters! OH YEAH!!!!. This book was a blast to read. I have to admit that westerns have never really been high on my list. Good thing this book changed all that, could it be the thrilling supernatural aspects???. Either way enjoyed the book thoroughly and recommend it to all. It was well done and each story was just the right length I think for the styles.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse