Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on September 28, 2010
I own a Website development firm. I knew there was something missing in the marketing for our clients. Creating a well executed Press Release would be the perfect addition to our marketing services. However, I had no knowledge about creating a Press Release; and I could not find any books on how to write a press release, until I searched Amazon.com. "How To Write a Press Release" was exactly what I was looking for. Detailed information, quick read, tips and tricks, what to do... and what NOT to do.

Great job Brian Cook! I have your book dog eared, marked in yellow, circled in purple.

Thanks!
Ralph E. Peterson 7Trillion Corporation
Website Development | Low Cost Domain Names
[...]
22 comments6 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2011
This ebook "How To Write A Press Release: 84 Easy Tips To Get Free Publicity For Your Business or Website" is just ok at $0.99. This "pamphlet" regurgitates everything you can find online at hundreds websites. HOWEVER, the disadvantage of free sources is that they are worth what you pay for them: nothing. That said, I was hoping for a short report to point my non-writing colleagues about how to WRITE a good press release that has the imprimatur of it being "published" and that I don't have to wait for a deadpaper book to show up in my mail.

What drives me to give 2 stars is that most of the tips are about publicity and they aren't bad tips. But in terms of WRITING, it doesn't even mention the 4W&H (Who, What, Where, When, and How) until #66. Somewhere in the middle is mentions using good grammar and spelling.

The author doesn't even attempt to make it interesting. Each tip is 2 or 3 lines with no follow-through, no examples, no explanation.