Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: How You Can Maximize Student Aid: Strategies for the FAFSA and the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) To Increase Financial Aid for College
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 15, 2011
This book is a great reference to answer that question "how to pay for college". It helps navigate and understand the frustrating but now unfortunately required FAFSA process and other financial savings and aid possibilities. The author discusses why the system works as it does and what financial options work best for families in their individual situations. When I brought the book to a college planning night at school, other parents were interested in getting the book.

While the bulk of this book gives clear examples in a straight forward manner, I was laughing uproariously as I read the preface - clearly the author has been through the college application/reality moment of the cost with her daughter. I've experienced this and seen other parents struggle with this issue as well. The author helps parents be the grounding force that encourages students to spread their wings for their college dreams, but still find the options that avoid family debt. My sophomore grade son even enjoyed reading a bit of it as he'd seen our family go through a similar scholarship application parent/student disconnect that the author mentions in the preface. Fortunately, placing emphasis on such applications helped our oldest son garner a scholarship that is significantly helping with his tuition.

I wish I'd gotten this book sooner as I was struggling through the FAFSA/scholarship/savings process. The book is a hit for those doing the planning and filling out those college forms.
on January 18, 2012
Bought this in conjunction with a couple of other books since our library doesn't have much. Wow what a wealth of information I have been missing. I couldn't believe how much I didn't know. Thank you for carrying such great information Amazon. I need all the help I can get to make the money stretch. There isn't too much to go around these days.
on November 17, 2011
It was a good buy and can help to educate people on how financial aid is calculated. I had done some prior free research on the web and this book didn't offer a whole lot of new ideas compared to that. A nice read especially if you do not have time to scour the web and want to find all of your info in one place.
on June 11, 2011
No-nonsense book to help parents understand what information to include when filling out financial aid forms for college. Most helpful book I have read so far.
on December 9, 2012
Compared assumptions formed while reading this book with the government FAFSA predictor and they came out completely different. This left me dissatisfied and mistrusting the book. When I do my final FAFSA next year I will change my review if it comes out as suggested by the book.
on October 25, 2011
Tracy Foote's book is an excellent easy to read and understand resource to tackle the complex subject of student aid for college. Upon ordering it from amazon, I received this very helpful book in just a few days, and it will help me save thousands of dollars in college tuition and expenses. Although my son is a high school senior, I regret that I did not read this when my child was a high school FRESHMAN so that I could have even more effectively planned to maximize his financial aid for college. There is a lot of information that everyone should know in the upside down world of financial aid bureaucracy. Tracy Foote explains and organizes it very well!
on January 18, 2013
This is an excellent guide to filling out the FAFSA and looking for scholarships.
I would never have thought of some of these ideas.
on April 11, 2013
I got this too late...had already filled out the FAFSA. But I will use it for my other kids when it's their time for college.