5.0 out of 5 stars A must for every therapist
Published on October 7, 1997

3.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtful
There are A lot of exercises in this workbook. Have not done them yet, and hope for them to be effective.
Published 6 months ago by katie

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for every therapist, October 7, 1997
By A Customer
As a working counselor, I am constantly searching for therapeutic tools and this workbook is currently my favorite resource. Even though Huber explains the causes of suffering from the Buddhist perspective, you don't have to be Buddhist to appreciate the theory behind the exercises. In using the exercises, a person may cut and paste, draw, paint, color, or write their responses. By encouraging such creativity in responding, a person can express themselves in a wide variety of media, rather than just the normal verbal medium which dominates counseling. In the book, Huber truly covers many issues including relationships, self-esteem, holidays, emotional health, death and grief, and so much more. I recommend that every therapist in practice would benefit from using this book not only in their work with others, but also in working on their own issues. I return to it time and time again in order to feel centered and focused as a person and professional.

5.0 out of 5 stars not a professional, but...., November 26, 2002
Amazon Customer (San Francisco, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How You Do Anything Is How You Do Everything: A Workbook (Paperback)
I am not a psychology or counseling professional, but I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I am an artist who earns a living as a technical support rep so I value both the creative and the analytical processes. I found that this book appealed to both.
As one who is always looking for creative outlets, ways to relax, and learning tools. I own many journals including SARK's. I feel like this is SARK bigger, better, and uncut *grin*. It has been a ton of fun to fill out each page and has helped me to catch some patterns I was unaware of in the process.
Located currently in Utah, religion can be a hot topic all the time. The last thing I want is a religion introduction masquerading as a journal/workbook. This book does not harp on Buddhism or any other religion. So if you are shying away because of that, don't. I just happened to pick it up off the shelf and had no idea the background until I read about the author.
Relaxation, thought, insight, fun, creative outlet, record of you....this book is that and more. All that and its cheap too! If youre hesitating on the purchase, I can tell you its worth the money and time.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great resource for counselors!, January 26, 2005
I have been a high school counselor, and am now a college counselor, and I have found this book to be a great resource to draw from when trying to help students with self-acceptance/discovery. The exercises are very thought-provoking and revealing. For anyone willing to take the time to work through them, the reward is a much greater understanding of self, and an improved self-concept.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource for anyone, I recommend it to my clients regularly, March 6, 2007
This book is a great resource for re-discovery the self and exploring your conditioning. It is loaded with practical exercises that really will help you to make your life better. It can be used as a resource along with counseling or it can stand alone. It is largely based on modern cognitive therapeutic methods that have proven effective and does not push a particular religious orientation although Cheri Huber is a Buddhist and founded a monastery. She is also a woman who has helped many people including herself and certainly has the credibility to put out good material. Very highly recommended for pre-teens, teens and adults. Her other books are very good as well and she has a Self Acceptance audio course that would be a wonderful accompaniment to this book. If you are not working with a counselor, I would recommend getting both to reinforce the ideas and help you to put them into practice. Change is possible, but it isn't always easy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Get to know yourself, June 6, 2004
By A Customer
I picked up this book by chance years ago and really appreciate all its taught me about myself.
It is useful and insightful. It asks important questions to get you thinking. It is engaging because it comes in a creative format with blank space for you to write, draw, paint or paste.
I felt it well worth my money.

5.0 out of 5 stars My personal workbook through 7 months of therapy, February 13, 2009
This is a very personal workbook. I am finishing 7 months of DBT and wishing I had had this on month one. A friend is using it in her continuing fight with bipolar and we share our writings. I am buying copies for my nieces hoping that they will never have to go through what I have, and if they do it will help them sooner and not later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Self-Help Journal, June 21, 2008
This journal is a fantastic journal for self-reflection. I have learned a great deal about myself from utilizing this book. I have used Sark's and I liked it, however, I feel that this book gives more guidance and directions. I was looking for something to help me get on track spiritual as I had left my religion. This doesn't focus on religion, it helps an individual focus on knowing or getting to know themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and Fun, October 4, 2013
This is a great workbook (but really a fun book) for discovering more about yourself. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in self development.

5.0 out of 5 stars Self Esteem Workbook, April 28, 2013
This is a great book. I had a copy of it and wanted another. This is a great book to use as a workbook for self esteem building.

5.0 out of 5 stars can't go wrong., April 17, 2013
this is a delightful journaling book of self exploration. fun, and insightful, can use same questions many times over to ponder and dream. Not judge mental, gives no advice. Really liked it for myself, and for use in small therapy groups.

How You Do Anything Is How You Do Everything: A Workbook
How You Do Anything Is How You Do Everything: A Workbook by Cheri Huber (Paperback - June 1, 1988)
$12.00 $8.00
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies