Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: How Your Child Learns-And Succeeds!: Discovering Your Child's Learning Style and Teaching to His or Her Strengths
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 26, 2005
I removed my older daughter from the government school system, in the middle of her fifth grade year. She was really struggling with her reading. (I know now it was the lack of a strong phonics foundation.) The teacher's solution was Ritalin! REALLY! My solution was to bring her home, read this book, and begin adapting my daughter's learning environment to her auditory, analytical, Dominant Concrete Sequential learning style. Four years later she is an A student in a three-year honors course for homeschooled high-schoolers, Worldviews of the Western World. Thank you, Cynthia Tobias, for the impact you've had on her life! PLEASE, parents, do not drug your child! Read this book!
on May 16, 2014
Not all children learn in the same way. This book was extremely helpful to me as a mom teaching at home. The book covers different types of intelligence: linguistic, logical mathematical, spatial, musical, bodily-kinesthetic, interpersonal and intrapersonal. It was helpful to see how negative labels and stereotypes for each intelligence type could actually be viewed more as a strength from a different perspective. There are good surveys provided in the book for discovering dominant learning styles. Each section and learning style covers what makes a student thrive and also reveals their main sources of stress. The book is full of helpful advice on ways to lessen the stress for students, given their unique learning style, and teach to their strengths. I personally found this really helpful because I don't at all learn in the same way as I need to teach. I enjoy quiet and order to be able to concentrate. I always thought that was good for our son for his learning too but now I'm seeing that's not the case. He is a kinesthetic learner and needs different things than I do to learn well. Knowing his learning style and his needs help me teach him in the way that helps him best. This book is a great resource in understanding and helping with different learning styles.
on July 4, 2011
EXCELLENT! I learned so much about our learning styles and personality. Great book! I wish I had read it 20 years ago before my children were born.
on July 10, 2014
I love this book. I bought to gain more insight into the minds of my children. I ended up learning so much about myself and my husband as well! We communicate so much more efficiently and ask the 'right' questions of each other. As for my boys I feel like I am looking at all new little people since I have been able to determine their dominant learning style. I highly recommend this book to any parent/teacher looking for more understanding.
on September 3, 2015
Great book in excellent condition!
on June 6, 2016