How do I assemble the 10x eyepiece? Image reversal My First Lab Duo-Scope Microscope

I love this basic microscope, which I just bought for my son.

But I have disassembled and reassembled the 10x eyepiece to clean the lenses, and wanted to know if there is a diagram showing how to put it back together correctly.

Should both lenses be set in the same configuration (concave side and convex side in the same direction?) ... what's teh best way.

The way I did it, the image in the eyepiece appears to be reversed (letters backwards)... wondering if that's normal or I assembled wrong.

Thanks!
asked by Mark Turner on November 5, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
votes
The convex sides are supposed to face each other (it is like hourglass shape) and the image is reversed because of the mirror inside.
Chris W answered on January 19, 2012

A
votes
The convex sides are supposed to face each other (it is like hourglass shape) and the image is reversed because of the mirror inside.
Chris W answered on January 19, 2012

A
votes
Mark, Have you found out anything?? I just bought this and have the same problem. My boy accidentally disassembled the eyepiece, and the 2 separate glass pieces fell out. After re-assembling, the image is reveresed (reads right-to-left, instead of left-to-right). How are these 2 pieces supposed to be installed?

Also, for viewing slides, the top light gives a more colorful image than the bottom light on many images. Yet the instructions state to use the bottom light. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks!
Gary W. Black answered on January 2, 2012

A
votes
Thank you C. Wong
Mark Turner answered on January 20, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›