1. Create a scare.
2. Suggest that danger exists very far into the future (so that we'll all have lived out our normal lifetimes before the scare is proved to be false).
3. Make it clear that even if you're wrong, does anyone really want to take that huge chance? (bring up things like "children" which is always a great guilt trip).
4. Give proof of the scare by using fake footage supposedly representing the "factual" aspects of your scare. Make certain it is filmed in an area - like Antarctica - where no normal person can travel to prove you are lying.
5. Make promises to sleezy scientists of forthcoming funding for their pet projects if they agree to support your scam.
6. Enlist the business community by quitely showing them they can make a buck off of it.
7. Go spread the word at colleges where the most gullible people on earth congregate.
8. Make a movie (doesn't have to be good or accurate).
9. Appeal to the goodness inherent in many people and plead with them to "care". (Anyone who hoots at you will be labeled as "uncaring" so the fear of that label will get lots of people to at least pay lip service and that's good enough).
10. Refuse to answer any person who demonstrates that your scare is untrue. (That makes you look "above it all" while keeping you from having to actually answer questions.)
11. Keep your acolytes running around with your message.
12. Hit up everyone for donations of one form or another.
13. Live lavishly and dare anyone to say anything about it because you are the premier "good" person and you're entitled to all the frills you want to deny to everyone else.
14. Contact anyone in the movie industry or music industry immediately. These people have a minimal education and want very much to appear smart so they will happily climb on your bandwagon. Clubbing baby seals has become passe so they need your cause.
Anyone want to add to this list?