How do you purchae ebooks

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 20, 2011 8:19:53 PM PST
R. Midgette says:
I plan to order the new Kindle $138 but I don't know how to go about purchasing ebooks and trasfering them to the Kindle....how do this work? How about games? I also notice some ebooks have zero for the price
Can someone explain this in laymen terms to me.
blessedone52@hotmail.com

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2011 10:48:27 AM PDT
Once you set up an Amazon account and 1-Click, you can purchase directly from your Kindle (turn on wi-fi) - or from the site and have it sent to your Kindle.

You can also purchase books from SmashWords (mobi format). As well as get free books from Gutenberg.org (classics) in mobi format. These, you hook your Kindle up to the computer via USB and copy the mobi files to the "documents" folder of your Kindle (it's like an external drive in that way). It will also read plain txt files and pdf files so, if you have a long web article you want to take with you copy and paste the text of the article to a txt-editor, save and copy to your "documents" folder and read on your Kindle.

I'm on my 2nd Kindle, my wife took over the 1st one. For those of us who need larger print books, it's a wonderful resource and saves carrying several books with you if you want to read at the pool, park, on vacation, etc.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jan 20, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 24, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
10th Anniversary (Women's Murder Club)
10th Anniversary (Women's Murder Club) by James Patterson (Hardcover - May 2, 2011)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (1,051)