How does the cover stay closed? I pre ordered this item. The cover looks amazing and I think the design is so much better then the hinged covers. One thing I am confused about. How does the cover stay closed??? I guess I will find out soon enough.If anyone has an idea, feel free to post. My guess is there is no way to completely close it. That is the only thing that I do not like so far.
asked by Lisa Thomas on October 4, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
Maybe it has a magnetic catch
Mondenkind answered on October 6, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think it may be more like the Kindle 2 cover that didn't have the elastic. I don't think anything holds the new one closed. You just have to watch yourself when you put it in a bag like you would care for a book.
TexasTransplant answered on October 14, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Excellent question - I too have wondered about that. The Kindle "Keyboard" Lighted Cover is outstanding, so I would only assume that this one is even better. It must be a magnetic catch of some sort...but we'll all find out next month I guess.
Mac Riddel answered on October 6, 2011

A
What I find most amazing is that it is so light. The specs say 4.5 ounces - which is about half of what the K3 Keyboard lighted cover weighed. Since we have no reviews to go by, it is only speculation, but if the new covers provide better light distribution (Amazon surely has read the reviews of the K3 cover that knocked them on light distribution) as well as weighing less, I will be very happy.
vshow answered on October 17, 2011

A
Thanks for your ideas guys :) I am excited about it. It looks like an amazing improvement.
Lisa Thomas answered on October 7, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree 100 percent. Very glad they listened to us on that. It does look very light. Only a month to go until it comes out. Very excited to read the reviews. I am stationed in England and they do not ship these to APO boxes. So my mom and dad will be sending it to me once they get it. The hard part is the waiting. Thanks for all the replies :)
Lisa Thomas answered on October 17, 2011

A
It stays closed like a regular book. Gravity will open or close it. Not really an issue for me. I love it.
M. LMT answered on February 20, 2012

A
After a few months of constant use I decided I don't like this cover at all. Glad for those who do. I see many people do. Enjoy it. Things like this are personal and we all like specific characteristics in our covers. My most important thing is durability. Due to the nature of my job, I need something that will be able to handle a backpack or duffel bag without tearing up the cover. I hate how badly the cover scratches and how flimsy both the front cover and the light are. It is currently collecting dust on the top shelf of my desk. I bought a new one I Like much better. I sure do love my Kindle touch. It has changed my life. Hope you all love yours as much as I love mine.
Lisa Thomas answered on February 20, 2012

A
It doesn't stay closed. Not impressed.
Deb answered on December 4, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product