How hot does the outside of the unit get?
asked by Brett Nemeroff on November 26, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
Exterior heat is not noticeable. It is a very well insulated unit. I smoked a turkey breast for this last TG and it was the best turkey I have ever had. I got the instructions from http://www.smoking-meat.com/october-2010-smoked-bone-in-turkey-breast.html. I only brined the breast -- no rub. Then wrapped it in foil and a couple of towels for insulation for about 35 minutes. It was, by far, the most moist turkey I have ever had. Hope this helps.
J. Brooks answered on November 26, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Not hot, warm. It's very well insulated.
Dan answered on November 26, 2012

A
The maximum heat (per the instruction manual) is 275 degrees. I always smoke my meats at 230. The temperature does not vary by more than 5 +/- degrees from my setting. I have excellent results using this smoker.
Billy answered on November 26, 2012

A
The Cabinet itself does not get hot, however, the vent on top does produce heat and smoke. I have not really paid that much attention to the cabinet because the unit is outside when smoking. FYI, great smoker.
moose answered on November 26, 2012

A
It gets hot to touch but not scalding.
N. Wood answered on November 26, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The maximum heat (per the instruction manual) is 275 degrees. I always smoke my meats at 230. The temperature does not vary by more than 5 +/- degrees from my setting.
Billy answered on November 26, 2012

A
I have not noticed that the outside gets hot at all.
booklover189 answered on November 26, 2012

A
The outside does not get hot; you can touch the outside. There is a vent @ the top where smoke comes out. On another note, we have had our unit since June. When using to smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving the temperature gauge is reading 400 degrees all the time; when set to only 250 degrees. Seems to be malfunctioning already.
Bara98 answered on November 26, 2012

A
The rear bottom piece that connects to the heating element can get somewhat hot, but the rest of the unit is only warm to the touch. The unit's top temperature is only 275F.
JW answered on November 27, 2012

A
The rear bottom piece that connects to the heating element can get somewhat hot, but the rest of the unit is only warm to the touch. The unit's top temperature is only 275F.
JW answered on November 27, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product