How does it work with leafy veggies (ie: kale, spinach, wheat grass)?
asked by Ben D. on March 4, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 answers
A
vote
It works great with them, I always put the Kale in first then spinach and romaine lettuce or even regular lettuce then add the rest of my ingredients. You can even put an enitre apple in it without having to cut it up, its fast and easy to clean.
Danielle Seeger answered on March 4, 2013

A
votes
It works great but remember there isn't alot of water with those veggies so you will need to buy extra to get it into your glass. It can have a bitter taste so check juicing recipes to incorporate it. I absolutely love this juicer-it changed my life. No reason at all to spend any more money than what this one is selling for!!!!! And I am very picky!
Svobs answered on March 20, 2013

A
vote
pretty well...I don't have experience with other 'better' (or at least more expensive) juicers to compare. It does get some juice out of spinach, kale and lettuce (havent tried wheat grass yet). a few shreds of leaves will shoot out into the pulp bin before they get juiced tho.
Mags answered on March 4, 2013

A
vote
it does a good job for the money, but to get a higher yield of juice you need a more expensive juicer, they start at about 250 dollars, but for 50 bucks it does a great job
joeycaps answered on March 4, 2013

A
votes
I haven't had a problem with leafy veggies. Im not sure if they dull the blades though so just in case I did go on the website and order more blades.
Tiara answered on March 4, 2013

A
votes
I haven't had a problem with leafy veggies. Im not sure if they dull the blades though so just in case I did go on the website and order more blades.
Tiara answered on March 4, 2013

A
votes
It works well with all types of fruits and vegetables. Leafy veggies such as kale, spinach, and wheat grass produce less juice than say an apple or orange. But you still get a great result when juicing!
By Melissa answered on March 4, 2013

A
votes
No problem, of course you don't get as much juice from leafy green vegetables as you do from fruit.
Johnny O. answered on March 4, 2013

A
votes
Ben: I have not done leafy veggies, ie kale, spinish, wheat grass etc. I use another machine for veggies and other fruits. In mine opinion, I do not think the Juice Extractor would work effectively for leafy veggies. However, the Juice Extractor Manual has some recipes reflecting spinach and parsley. My wife and I purchased the Juice Extractor primarily for juicing fruits, ie, oranges and grapfruit because we pick the fruit locally.

Rich
Rich Pettit, Jr answered on March 4, 2013

A
votes
Ben: I have not done leafy veggies, ie kale, spinish, wheat grass etc. I use another machine for veggies and other fruits. In mine opinion, I do not think the Juice Extractor would work effectively for leafy veggies. However, the Juice Extractor Manual has some recipes reflecting spinach and parsley. My wife and I purchased the Juice Extractor primarily for juicing fruits, ie, oranges and grapfruit because we pick the fruit locally. Oranges, grapfruit, melons, etc must be peeled before juicing.

Rich
Rich Pettit, Jr answered on March 4, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›