Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Bioshock 2 - Xbox 360 forum

How do I get the $10 Promo applied on the order

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 14, 2010 3:07:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 14, 2010 3:19:54 PM PST
J. S Thomas says:
I purchased Bioshock 2 and did recieve and email from Amazon about the $10 credit

"We recently added a $10 Video Game Store Credit promotional offer to Bioshock 2. This credit has been automatically applied to your account. This promo credit may be redeemed until 4/30/2010."

However, I cannot get the $10 promo to be applied to any video game I have placed in my cart to order. What is the trick to getting the $10 off, is there a promo code i need to enter?...thanks for the help.

Posted on Feb 14, 2010 5:33:57 PM PST
You just need to buy a game sold by Amazon.You won't get the 10 dollars off if you buy a game sold by another vendor which kind of sucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2010 4:37:15 PM PST
J. S Thomas says:
yeah no luck...ive tried it put an amazon xbox game and went to buy and no $10 promotion applied...i dont see people complaining so it must just be my bad luck...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2010 7:26:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 17, 2010 12:59:27 PM PST
ShoppingGeek says:
I tried to apply it to The Saboteur, an xbox game sold and shipped by Amazon, but it wouldn't take the code. I emailed customer service and they made it where the $10 credit came up automatically when I placed the order without entering a code.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2010 10:39:52 AM PST
J. S Thomas says:
Thanks....i just emailed customer service so I hope this will fix the issue.....Have you played the Saboteur...if so is it worth the $$$$...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2010 12:58:59 PM PST
ShoppingGeek says:
My Saboteur order has just been shipped. It got pretty high marks from customers. I'm not quite finished with Bioshock 2 yet, then I'll start Saboteur. I wasn't going to order it until I had a chance to play B2 a couple of times, but with the $10 credit, I decided to order it now.

Posted on Feb 17, 2010 2:12:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 17, 2010 2:15:17 PM PST
J. S Thomas says:
N. Ford,

Like 5 min. ago amazon emailed me and put the $10 code in my account...thanks for the heads up. I too am play BS2...I enjoy the game but for some reason im not getting into it like i did the original...i dont know why i was sooo drawn into the original and was kinda sad when it was over...this one im just ready to get it over, lol.... Ive got to finish Mass Effect 1 and also have ME2 game i picked up with using a $25 credit from tigerdirect dot com...once i finish those like in a couple of months i think i would like to try Fallout 3 game of the year edition...I have a family and its kinda hard to take the necessary time to get into these games...I luv Oblivion but when you can't play but once a week i kinda lost touch with where i was and did not feel immersed in the game or no attachment to my character...such is life...take care.....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2010 3:57:11 PM PST
ShoppingGeek says:
I love Bioshock 1, and it was challenging enough on the first play through, but I've played it a half-dozen or so times and those last bunch of times, I knew how to do stuff and the challenge wasn't there any more. Playing on Hard, I was always maxed out on cash and loot and the battles were nothing. If you have a good supply of Electric Gel in B1, you can win the final BOSS battle without ever moving after you enter the room (other than to run up to inject the guy, then running back).

I've got over 300 hours into Fallout 3 and all of its DLCs. The first time I played it, I had no idea what was going on and after a dozen hours or so, found myself in an impossible situation, so I had to start completely over. I made it through that time, but with a little trouble, but after that, having figured out how to approach the game, it was just too easy, but I still played it through even more than B1.

I thought Mass Effect 1 was boring -- all the walking around the Citadel at the start, driving around on planets to get from one point to another -- and I don't like having to take team mates along who just get in the way. ME2 is more of the same. You have to do planet scanning to upgrade weapons, etc., and that sets a new standard in boring. I literally fell asleep many times while scanning, counting on the alarm to wake me up when it found something. All the battles seemed the same. ME can't hold a candle to BS, in my opinion.

Posted on Feb 17, 2010 4:20:58 PM PST
J. S Thomas says:
I totally agree with you on ME...walking around the Citadel...I came very close to packing it up and selling it...but FINALLY I got to battle. The battles are starting to get the same ole same ole feeling but i will finish the game..im close. ME2 was just about free with the store credit and gift certificate..the opening scene was cool... What are you thoughts on Fallout 3...ive not played it at all just read reviews. I did get the $10 credit finally and would apply that to FO3 GOTY edition...I enjoy Bishock 1/2 and the little character i see on FO3 looks like the same guy when we upgrade weapons on Bioshock...lol...

Posted on Feb 18, 2010 2:55:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2010 3:49:25 AM PST
ShoppingGeek says:
Fallout 3 has tremendous replay value. You can play it a half-dozen times and still not see/do everything. Like some other games, you can play it as a good guy or a bad guy, but in how many games can the bad guy stand on the balcony of the penthouse of a high-rise apartment building to watch the mushroom cloud of a nuke he set off to destroy a village? (But I recommend playing it good the first time.)

F3 has 3 flaws, IMO. One is that you are going to waste a tremendous amount of time and suffer a lot of frustration untili you figure out how to play the game. For that reason, go to http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Fallout_3 and get an understanding of the game, then go back there and search for help when you run into problems or have questions. You need to have a complete understanding of the Pip Boy, at a minimum, and start using it when the battling in the Vault commences (e.g.: to change into an armored jumpsuit or into a Lab jump suit to increase your lockpick skill, etc.).

Here are some starting tips:

1. You start by being born in an underground Vault. A lot of this is just training for how to play. The key is to search everywhere, search the body of every dead creature or person, and pick up EVERYTHING. F3 is somewhat unique in that there is no limit to how much stuff you can carry, but once you get over whatever you strength limit is, you walk really, really slow, can't jump, and you can't use the fast-travel feature. This isn't that much of a problem in the Vault and you should exit the Vault with about 400 pounds of stuff to sell or you are going to be running short of health and ammo for a long time. Just before you exit, you can do a last sweep through the Vault to make sure you didn't miss anything. Once you have built up your cash and Stims (health packs) and ammo, you can quit picking up the smaller value things like tin cans. Some loot, from old books to cherry bombs, will turn out to be more valuable than their cash value later. Something else you won't know until it's too late.

2. When you reach the final wooden door to the outside of the Vault, save. You will get a chance to adjust your skills, etc. By saving here, you can restart your replays here (and optionally play with different skills) and not have to go through the Vault start-up stuff again. In fact, you should save frequently throughout the game.

Setting starting skills is a crapshoot when you don't know the game. Try this: start with just 1 in Endurance and Charisma, and 8 in everything else in SPECIAL. I have never put a single Level-Up point into Barter, Big Guns, Medicine, Melee Weapons, Speech, or Unarmed. Yet I've consistently had more loot than I could sell, so Bartering and Speech skills are moot.

3. After exiting the Vault, drop stuff to get to your weight carry limit, then walk straight ahead to Megaton (a short walk), which will be your base camp throughout the game (as a good guy). See http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Megaton. Sell off your excess stuff, then fast-travel back to the Vault to pick up the stuff you dropped and sell it. What is "excess" and what needs to be saved? That's part of learning the game. Moira (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Moira) will quickly run out of cash to buy your stuff, but other merchants (and the doctor) around Megaton (and outside the front gate) can buy stuff. Plus you can trade for the always-needed Stims/health packs.

I don't see how it is possible to do everything in F3 without consulting the Wiki. As an example, when you walk to Megaton for the first time, there is a hollow rock which holds a sniper rifle and other loot. I didn't learn about this until the 5th or 6th time I played, and then I read about it at the Wiki.

4. Fix the bomb and you get a place to live in Megaton. Do all the quests around Megaton to build up your level and cash. Then start doing side quests and trips outside of Megaton. Don't even think about doing any of the main quest until you reach at least Level 10. In F3, the main quest is actually a minor part of the whole F3 experience.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_map shows a map of places to explore (not counting encampments, etc, you stumble upon while walking about). As you can see, there is a LOT to do, and that doesn't even include the DLCs.

5. If you get all the DLCs, I recommend making one of your first trips up to the Alien Crash Site and go on the Mothership. It's a hard trip to get up there, but you come out with weapons and a high skill level which makes the rest of the game easier. The Anchorage DLC lets you get some invisibility armor, which is also killer.

6. Getting around downtown D.C. is a pain because you are constantly blocked by debris. You have to use the undergound Metro tunnels, but they can be hard to navigate as well. Here is a guide to the Metro which I posted: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Metro

Posted on Feb 18, 2010 6:11:32 AM PST
J. S Thomas says:
thanks....this is very helpful...wow this is a massive game...I will order it before my credit expires at end of April...hope to see a price drop in the GOTY of FO3....thanks again, very helpful...Jeff
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Feb 14, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 18, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about