How do I get the speed over 54mbps This adapter is supposed to have the speed up to 150mbps. I am using a router Netgear N750, whose 2.4G band provides the speed up to 300 mbps. But the connection I got from my workstation is still 54mbps. How do I configure my network to get the speed over 54mbps? By the way, I simply plugged the adapter to my workstation and it installed the driver itself and worked. I did not install the driver software from the CD.
asked by Nathan Bridge on November 14, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
I installed the driver from the CD and now I got 65mbps connection, still far less than the promised 150mbps. Any idea to increase the speed?
Nathan Bridge answered on November 14, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am also getting 65mbs constant. Funny thing is I bought the 300Mbs version and I only get 150Mbs on that.
JC answered on December 1, 2011

A
Note sustained throughput on usb 2 is about 30-35 megabytes multiply by 8 to get megabits
Neiamyer Scudder answered on August 27, 2012

A
USB2 ports can support up to 480Mbps (MegaBits) (60 MegaBytes/second), so the device should reach that speed.

Make sure the access point is configured as b/g/n or just n to make sure the wireless device negotiates the proper speed. 54Mbps means it's using "g" speed (802.11g IEEE standard).
MBH answered on December 30, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›