How good is the online community?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 3, 2012 3:49:53 PM PDT
Honduras7 says:
Like the title says. I've enjoyed the demo for fall of Cybertron but i was wondering How good is the online community for Transformers games? Does it last long or dies quickly after a few months? Don't want to spend $60 on it and then after a few months see the MP dead.

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 11:25:00 AM PDT
Smily Frodo says:
As far as War for Cybertron went (the previous game, and first in this series), had a pretty good online community as far as number of players goes. Playing on PS3 online, I would see an average of 400 to 500 people online on weekdays and an average of 700 people on weekends. From information on forums, I saw that there were significantly more people online on xbox live.

The problem I had though with online play was that most of the matches I had were laggy, and sometimes I would get a match with a cheater... Those things ruined the game for me.

Now Fall of Cybertron is promised to have better developer attention to community, if you want to you can report cheaters and glitches to their email: feedback@transformersgame.com . And there is host migration implemented so matches won't abruptly end like in War for Cybertron.

I am willing to think those and other upcoming fixes, such as the retail release patch the developers confirmed to be making already will make this game much better than War for Cybertron. I for one am loving the game demo, so much I would have paid to play it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 5:59:25 PM PDT
Steve Madden says:
I played the first one last night (just got around to picking it up). There were 400+ people online. I played several Escalation matches (I sucked) and Team Deathmatch (I still sucked, but not as bad). Usually MP is secondary to SP for me, but I've barely touched the campaign.

S.L. Madden

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 7:44:17 AM PST
GamerInHeart says:
Anyone wanting to give their PSN Names to team up in multilayer?

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 2:12:12 AM PST
still easy to find a game on ps3 war for cybertron. i'd imagine this one will have some staying power as well.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Aug 3, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Playstation 3
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Playstation 3 by Activision Inc. (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (139)