How many installations I format my computer frequently, almost 2 times per year, and also updrade it with the same frequency (new memory, processor or video card) will this have install limits like vista does?
asked by DarK SouL on October 21, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Yes.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Activating-Windows-frequently-asked-questions
Ed answered on October 27, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was wondering about virtual machines... if I install it as my boot device and I also want to (on the same machine) have it as a virtual machine operating system, will it bugger it up because it thinks there are two separate installs of it? Or would I have to purchase a license for each virtual machine to do my controlled software development?
Bernie answered on January 10, 2010

A
I think it's BS that Microsoft only allows activation on ONE machine. I'm assuming this means when you have hardware changes like formatting the Hard Drive you'll have to get a new copy of Windows as I don't see how it would know that it's installing on the same machine unless it's putting a signature file in your Bios or something.
malexandria answered on February 6, 2010

A
The answer depends on which version Amazon is selling here, retail, or OEM. Well which is it Amazon?
Retail versions : 5 web activations and then phone activations for the "life" of Windows 7.

OEM version : 1 activation and then phone activations when using the same motherboard used on first activation
dragonwstg answered on July 30, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product