Customer Discussions > Assassin's Creed - Xbox 360 forum

How much swearing is in assassins creed?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 25, 2007 11:25:27 AM PST
By the way I'm Susan Gills son.
I've seen plenty of video's of this game, and they're all sayin' the same thing: There may be swearing in this game, but it's not a whole lot. Don't get me wrong, there's swearing, and it's kinda bad, but (for me at least) I can see when it's coming. They only swear when they're mad or something, and it's very ,VERY rare when they swear in the Medievel parts, and thats the part of the game you play most. Even when they swear in the Medievel parts they aren't really bad words, which makes a lot of sense considering it's in a different time period. Comment me back if you think I'm wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2007 11:55:42 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 2, 2010 8:36:01 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2007 12:27:16 PM PST
The violence is defenetly where the M rating comes from. This game doesn't have hyped up Fantasy Violence like Mortal Kombat, or Ultra violence like Manhunt, but the Violence in this game feels more real than any other game I've played. Its cold and brutal, this game is the first time a game ever made me feel bad about killing a game sprite.

As for cussing, I think I heard them say damn once just after a chase.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2007 4:37:14 PM PST
thank you very much, that was definitely helpful.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2008 1:41:05 AM PST
Katie-Bell says:
There's actually more than a few. Apart from saying 'damn', the doctor says 'GD' at least 3 times and the S word once or twice. Other than that I haven't noticed any others. I would say the full words but the site won't let me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2008 9:54:16 AM PST
And when you are talking to Lucy, your character calls the Dr. a 'dick'.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2008 11:17:14 AM PST
if you guys are really want it so thier is no curse words what you can do is go into family settings and turn them off

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2008 9:43:32 PM PST
There's not as much cussing in this game as there was in my apartment when once again the character decided to bounce off of a building instead of climbing it forcing me into yet another tedious battle with half a dozen soldiers.

Posted on Aug 22, 2010 4:31:21 PM PDT
Lola Courage says:
how do u turn the curse words off in family settings and how do u go th family settings?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2011 9:11:06 AM PST
I've played it about 2/3 through and there is at least one instance of the "F" bomb. The glyph at the Realto bridge plays a monologue from what sounds like a madman and he uses it in its literal sense.

Apart from that, the language is pretty mild ("d*amns" and "b*stards"), enough so that I was very surprised this F-instance occurred.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2013 7:03:07 AM PDT
tracie says:
So curse words can be turned off completely on their own? And you can here the rest of the dialect with cursing bleeped out?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 25, 2007
Latest post:  Jul 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed - Xbox 360
Assassin's Creed - Xbox 360 by UBI Soft (Xbox 360)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (561)