Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 12, 2008 1:23:18 AM PST
tomjerry says:
How popular is Django among other Python Web Frameworks (TurboGears, Pylons, Webware, CherryPy...) ? I found a link on the subject
http://www.therightsoft.com/softwaretechnologies/webframeworks but I'm am looking for further resources. Thanks in advance for your posts !

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2008 1:39:58 PM PST
R. Peake says:
Googling "site:code.google.com django" turns up an order of magnitude more results than searches for pylons or zope. That's one objective indicator of Django's popularity relative to Google's public-facing developer projects. Obviously, Google is just one company -- but they shape a lot of perceptions out there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2009 1:18:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2009 1:20:08 PM PST
The best way that I have been able to determine this is to do a search for hosting sites that actually host Django vs. other Python Web Frameworks. I did some research about 6 months ago and found only a handful of sites that are actually set up to host Django. I was quickly able to narrow it down to one, which responded promptly to my email inquiries (I will let you determine your own conclusions - am not pushing any hosting companies here). It is a bit frustrating. After all, you have python as a great language and then django for its web framework, but it just doesn't look like it has caught onto the mainstream yet. Unless something has happened recently, I would guess you would find even less support for TurboGears, Pylons, Webware, CherryPy - not sure, but they just dont even seem as popular from a book/research perspective.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Feb 12, 2008
Latest post:  Jan 19, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Definitive Guide To Django: Web Development Done Right (Expert's Voice In Web Development)
The Definitive Guide To Django: Web Development Done Right (Expert's Voice In Web Development) by Jason Gilmore (Hardcover)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (25)