Olympus Stylus Tough 8010 14MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD (Black) (Old Model)
Used & New from: $150.00
How do the O seals holed up dawn 30ft.?
asked by Tanner F. on February 28, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
votes
Really well. It actually goes down 33 feet. I have taken mine out in oceans rivers and pools and it is great. I absolutely love this camera.
E. Cervantes Nixon answered on March 1, 2013

A
votes
I think you're asking how the seals hold up when submerged 30 feet... I don't know for sure, but I took mine down pretty far while snorkeling. One thing to be clear about - I sent my 8010 in for new seals (for maintaining the waterproof feature) and they told me there was a problem with the camera and it was too old to fix (3 years, really??) & that they wouldn't just replace the old seals and send it back. It was "pay for shipping your camera back w/out new seals or buy a new one and we'll only charge you the 'current market value' for replacing your camera with a product that is the bottom level of our cameras and KEEP your camera." (sorry that's confusing - but it was to me too!) When I bought the camera it was their top-of-the-line, so the current market value was nowhere near what I paid and their bottom level camera (that they were so graciously giving me 'such a deal' on) was actually CHEAPER on Amazon. I ended up buying the TG-1 (once again the top of the line) which cost me slightly more than it did on Amazon, but w/ and extended warranty. I wouldn't recommend the TG-1 either because it doesn't have a lens cap so the chance of scratching the lens is pretty high.
nmm7of9 answered on March 1, 2013

A
votes
Really well
Sabrina O. answered on March 7, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›